Redline?

/ Redline? #1  

Tchamp

Silver Member
Tractor
Power trac PT-2422
Does anyone know where the redline is on the ym 1500 diesel engine?

/ Redline? #2  
Don't have the answer but am curious about the question. Why are you wondering? :confused3:

/ Redline? #3  
Does anyone know where the redline is on the YM1500 diesel engine?

In the YM1500 Parts Manual, the specification sheet on page-3 shows 2,400rpms. There is usually a safety percentage of 200rpms on engines as the gauges are not 100% dead-on. Are you setting the throttle limiting screw to stop right at the top limit?

/ Redline?
Don't have the answer but am curious about the question. Why are you wondering? :confused3:

If you go over the rev limit you can destroy the engine, throw a rod, spin a bearing etc...

/ Redline?
In the YM1500 Parts Manual, the specification sheet on page-3 shows 2,400rpms. There is usually a safety percentage of 200rpms on engines as the gauges are not 100% dead-on. Are you setting the throttle limiting screw to stop right at the top limit?

No, just purchased a 1500 and want to know my running parameters

/ Redline? #6  
Just from memory I think 3,000 is the absolute maximum allowed going downhill or something for YM240, a slightly larger similar 2-cylinder from that era. I think the governor max - the manual calls it 'fast idle' - is 2,800. 'Working rpm' 1800-2400.

This is just to give you a general idea. It needs more research.

The YM's are built for low to medium speed torque, they don't get their HP rating from high rpm's like a lawnmower engine. (HP = rpm x torque).

/ Redline? #7  

See attached, it is 2,400 rpms.

Line-8 in the chart ...

YM1500 Spec Sheet pg3.jpg

/ Redline? #8  
No, just purchased a YM1500 and want to know my running parameters

Welcome as a new Yanmar owner! :thumbsup:

If you need a manual for FREE, send a PM.

/ Redline? #9  
See attached, it is 2,400 rpms.

Line-8 in the chart ..
I think that 15 @ 2400 is just rated Horsepower. Above that torque is diminishing, and it risks excessive wear (some stresses go up with the SQUARE of the rpm increase) and/or you are exceeding the designed cooling capacity. But I don't think 2400 is redline like you see in a car which cautions about immediate disaster.

/ Redline? #10  
I think that 15 @ 2400 is just rated Horsepower. Above that torque is diminishing, and it risks excessive wear (some stresses go up with the SQUARE of the rpm increase) and/or you are exceeding the designed cooling capacity. But I don't think 2400 is redline like you see in a car which cautions about immediate disaster.

Ditto.

I tried to explain that in a recent PTO horsepower thread. People just don't get it. :cool: