Reese hitch for Kubota Draw bar?

/ Reese hitch for Kubota Draw bar? #1  

chucky79

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2370-1, Cub Cadet 1812, Cub Cadet 1810, Cub Cadet 1650
Can anyone think of a reason i shouldn't use this on my new bx2370? Sure would be handy for switching between my draws with different size trailer balls while also moving things a little farther back for clearance on the trailer. Thanks guys.

Kubota BX Fixed Draw Bar Extention - OMNI Mfg LLC

/ Reese hitch for Kubota Draw bar? #2  
I modified a near identical one. There were two problems.

1. A regular insert transferred from a car or truck places the ball too low. I had to make up one with a rise instead of drop to match my trailer coupler height.

Then I had a new problem:
2. A regular length insert (inverted as above) placed the ball too far forward, so the quick hitch limited trailer tongue swing.

My cure:

image_22869.jpg

Dual Hitch Extender

I got one of these on sale for about $20. I keep an insert with a tow hook in the bottom and a regular drop trailer insert in the top.

Bruce

/ Reese hitch for Kubota Draw bar?
saw those extenders tonight at walmart. marketed towards bike carriers and stuff while pulling. Think its strong enough to have a working load at both points? Imight do the exact same thing no that you given me the idea. I think im going to order the hitch tomorrow if no one has any good reason why i shouldn't.

/ Reese hitch for Kubota Draw bar? #4  
Not at home, so can't post pictures. For heavier trailers, I use a 3-poinr hitch, 2" receiver. Nice to be able to lower the ball and pick up the trailer with the 3 point. For moving unloaded trailers I have a 2" receiver welded to the top center of my FEL bucket. That works for a 2" hook but is too high for most all trailer couplers, so I made a 2" male to 2" female drop hitch attachment to put the ball down low. With a front bucket cam, I can see the ball and hitch which would otherwise be blocked by the bucket and/or tractor hood.

Before welding on the 2" receiver, I tried one of those clamp on version sold on line. Maybe okay for light trailers on flat even ground, but totally unsuited for moving and maneuvering on even moderate hills.

bumper

/ Reese hitch for Kubota Draw bar?
Im planning on making a 3ph set up too. I already have a cat1 draw bar i got from TSC and have a couple different bolt on Reese hitch receivers from old trucks etc in the barn that i will use as my fab piece. Plan on bolting one to the draw bar and then making and welding a top link mount bracket in an "A" frame shape to keep from spinning by attaching to upper link. It will be ugly but hopefully functional.

/ Reese hitch for Kubota Draw bar? #6  
Made one for the 3ph,,, trailer hitch.jpg Have many uses for it.

/ Reese hitch for Kubota Draw bar? #7  
Made one for front of B2320 or BIL welded the receiver (from Harbour Freight) on to the plate.
DSCF1118.jpg

/ Reese hitch for Kubota Draw bar? #8  
If you use the 3pt to mount a hitch ball, consider tying the hitch to the fixed drawbar.
The 3pt on most tractors doesn't have down force and can rise up if the weight shifts to the rear of the trailer.
This can cause some really scary situations on hills or while backing up.
The chain from top link to drawbar prevents any unwanted lifting:
P2180003.JPG

/ Reese hitch for Kubota Draw bar? #10  
3pt hitch deal is the way to go. I find all kinds of other uses for it besides moving trailers.

Attachment to roll off field wire:

ry%3D400

Potato hiller:

ry%3D400