ReGen YT

/ ReGen YT
Mine just regened again at 80 hrs. We minimized idling since the last one. This will be the 4th one. We have the idle set around 1200.

/ ReGen YT
Starting to get tired of my YT347 doing re-gens every 10 hours. I tried all different scenarios. Running high rpm (2200) while running it and during idle. Between the last re-gen and this re-gen I tried never to let the machine idle; always turned it off. Still re-gen'd :thumbdown:

/ ReGen YT #13  
@david I think you have something wrong, I have 200 hours on my 359 and only had it Regen once so far. I only run farm / off road diesel in it.

Chris

/ ReGen YT #14  
Based on my experience regenerations every 10 hours sounds too frequent. I am at 120 hours and have had only one regeneration cycle. I turn it off rather than idling it, but I don稚 keep the throttle too high unless I am running to PTO.

/ ReGen YT #15  
Based on my experience regenerations every 10 hours sounds too frequent. I am at 120 hours and have had only one regeneration cycle. I turn it off rather than idling it, but I don稚 keep the throttle too high unless I am running to PTO.

What type of diesel are you running in it? The normal road/biodiesel or farm/off-road?

Chris

/ ReGen YT #16  
What type of diesel are you running in it? The normal road/biodiesel or farm/off-road?

Chris

I've been told the only difference is dye added to non-taxed fuel.

/ ReGen YT #17  
In Oregon that isn't true, also changes the amount of biodiesel in the mix, namely less of it. The stuff I run is under 5‰ vs the Road stuff is 15 to 20.

/ ReGen YT #18  
In Oregon that isn't true, also changes the amount of biodiesel in the mix, namely less of it. The stuff I run is under 5‰ vs the Road stuff is 15 to 20.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarity!!!

In Missouri it's just color.

/ ReGen YT #20  
Starting to get tired of my YT347 doing re-gens every 10 hours. I tried all different scenarios. Running high rpm (2200) while running it and during idle. Between the last re-gen and this re-gen I tried never to let the machine idle; always turned it off. Still re-gen'd :thumbdown:
I have around 170 hours on my tractor and it has done three regens. I unfortunately do let it idle some, not a lot though. I run highway diesel too, I don't burn enough fuel in a year to have farm diesel delivered. Have you contacted Yanmar or your dealer ?