ReGen YT

/ ReGen YT #21  
My YT235 ran a regen about every 30 hours for the first 100 hrs. It the began running one every 10 hrs., then 5hrs., and then about every 40 minutes. The dealer told me that they considered that normal. However, I had it in for some other issues that required a software update and the regen cycle is back to about every 15 hours. I do not idle the tractor and it seldom sees RPM below 1700. I use major brand highway diesel. The regen cycle is the one function that I really dislike about the tractor.

/ ReGen YT #22  
Man.....I'm keeping my non tier 4 2011 Yanmar until either it dies to the point it can't be fixed, or I do. :D

/ ReGen YT
Well it's been a year going back and forth with Yanmar on the frequent Re-gens with my YT347. Was dealing with Customer Support Rep . They were supposed to send out a tech to diagnose the issue. Here's his last email to me.

"David due to the recent issue with the pandemic we no longer have a full set of outside service managers please contact your local dealer they can get InTouch with us and we can help diagnose the issue"

Talked with the dealer and he said he had to pickup the tractor so he could hook it up to a laptop and send Yanmar the data. Yanmar determined that I was running the tractor at an average of 1300 rpm and the re-gens are normal. There is no way this could be true, since I always run it at 2200 RPM or more after warm up. This was recommend by the dealer when I first bought the tractor. The dealer said Yanmar was ready to throw parts into the tractor which tells me there's an issue.

$200 out of my pocket for pickup and delivery.

YT3 dpf regen Scotts Small Engine.png

re-gens

190 6 hrs - last one
184 20 hrs - After picked up from dealer. Thought they fixed something
164 10 hrs
150 14 hrs

It would be different if I was using it for plowing fields and running it for 8 hrs, but that's not the case. When I'm using it and it re-gens, I have to let it sit there and let it re-gen for a 1/2 hr sucking fuel.

I love everything about the tractor except for the re-gens.

Would I buy another IV tier Yanmar, probably not.

Last edited:
   / ReGen YT #24  
Well it's been a year going back and forth with Yanmar on the frequent Re-gens with my YT347. Was dealing with Andy Buck, Customer Support Rep and he's basically worthless and kept blowing me off for about a year. They were supposed to send out a tech to diagnose the issue. Here's his last email to me from Andy.

"David due to the recent issue with the pandemic we no longer have a full set of outside service managers please contact your local dealer they can get InTouch with us and we can help diagnose the issue"

Talked with the dealer and he said he had to pickup the tractor so he could hook it up to a laptop and send Yanmar the data. Yanmar determined that I was running the tractor at an average of 1300 rpm and the re-gens are normal. There is no way this could be true, since I always run it at 2200 RPM or more after warm up. This was recommend by the dealer when I first bought the tractor. The dealer said Yanmar was ready to throw parts into the tractor which tells me there's an issue.

$200 out of my pocket for pickup and delivery.

View attachment 669064

re-gens

190 6 hrs - last one
184 20 hrs - After picked up from dealer. Thought they fixed something
164 10 hrs
150 14 hrs

It would be different if I was using it for plowing fields and running it for 8 hrs, but that's not the case. When I'm using it and it re-gens, I have to let it sit there and let it re-gen for a 1/2 hr sucking fuel.

I love everything about the tractor except for the re-gens.

Would I buy another IV tier Yanmar, probably not.

Now...... I'll go hug my pristine little 1989 Ford 1920, and my nearly pristine (250 hr.) 2006 Kubota L48 TLB......AGAIN!
I will NEVER buy a Tier IV tractor - any brand!

/ ReGen YT #25  
Ok just taking a look at this post I own a tier 4 Yanmar tractor and the only time there is an issue with regen is when my wife drives it. I was doing the math based on your attachment and it says 95.4 percent of the time it runs under 1900 and looking further 73.2 percent of the time is 1600 and below so by that information directly from your ECU I see no problem.

/ ReGen YT #26  
Now...... I'll go hug my pristine little 1989 Ford 1920, and my nearly pristine (250 hr.) 2006 Kubota L48 TLB......AGAIN!
I will NEVER buy a Tier IV tractor - any brand!

Never say never. :)

/ ReGen YT #27  
This regen issue sounds familiar. Just so you know, my dealer told me that the regional reps were done away with when the company changed CEOs. Before that happened, the regional yanmar guy spent three days trying to figure out the engine problem with my tractor. No luck there so I'm not sure you missed much. Mine has been in the shop most of the summer for a variety of reasons. What the hey, no one uses their tractor in summer months do they?

/ ReGen YT
Ok just taking a look at this post I own a tier 4 Yanmar tractor and the only time there is an issue with regen is when my wife drives it. I was doing the math based on your attachment and it says 95.4 percent of the time it runs under 1900 and looking further 73.2 percent of the time is 1600 and below so by that information directly from your ECU I see no problem.

Well I believe the ECU is wrong based on how i drive the tractor. My wife also drives our tractor and she's a stickler about keeping the RPMs above 2200.

/ ReGen YT #29  
Sir I beg to differ with you the Tach may be wrong, if I understand the system correctly the dealer can put computer on it and look at the Crank Sensor to determine if the Tach is off. The tach gets its signal from the Crank Sensor and if the Crank Sensor is off tractor will not run correctly if it will run at all. Sorry just trying to help you

/ ReGen YT
Sir I beg to differ with you the Tach may be wrong, if I understand the system correctly the dealer can put computer on it and look at the Crank Sensor to determine if the Tach is off. The tach gets its signal from the Crank Sensor and if the Crank Sensor is off tractor will not run correctly if it will run at all. Sorry just trying to help you

tier4, I appreciate your and everyone's input. Thank you.