Regret a cab tractor?

/ Regret a cab tractor? #181  
As you may know, I grew up in the Soviet Union. I have never seen a single tractor without a cab in my entire life. They simply didn't even produce ones. Maybe the first few... The tractors were horrible - a terrible vibration, a scary sound inside, which was further amplified by the cab/box. Only in the photos we did see cab-less tractors working in the U.S. We felt sorry for Americans working on tractors and even huge bulldozers without cabs when it's cold or raining. But I thought there was a reason (unknown for us) why Americans rarely used cabs on tractors.
Now times have changed? I see most Americans prefer to sit in the tractor cabs.

It’s interesting that I myself have a tractor without a cab and I’m very happy with it, even in winter.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #182  
It’s interesting that I myself have a tractor without a cab and I’m very happy with it, even in winter.
I don't have a tractor with a cab on it either. The only times it would be nice is mowing grass on a windy day and snow blowing. The mowing grass isn't hard to deal with. Just mow at the end of the day and go have a shower after. Blowing snow only happens several times a year and I've bought some warmer clothes to help deal with the cold. It's just so much nicer blowing the snow away in about 1/4 the time that pushing with a fel was. I can be thankful for that and not be sucky that I don't have a cab for those days.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #183  
I don't have a tractor with a cab on it either. The only times it would be nice is mowing grass on a windy day and snow blowing. The mowing grass isn't hard to deal with. Just mow at the end of the day and go have a shower after. Blowing snow only happens several times a year and I've bought some warmer clothes to help deal with the cold. It's just so much nicer blowing the snow away in about 1/4 the time that pushing with a fel was. I can be thankful for that and not be sucky that I don't have a cab for those days.
Sure.
In summer you can feel the pleasant smells of grass and nature.
In winter, cleaning the road (there isn’t a lot of other work with tractor) it gets too warm when dressed too much, because you warm up from driving.
At least me.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #184  
Sure.
In summer you can feel the pleasant smells of grass and nature.
Haaaaaaaa. . . I am SO envious that you are able to say that the smell of grass is pleasant. I started sneezing and sniffing just reading that. My hay fever just goes crazy thinking about it😷

/ Regret a cab tractor? #185  
Rob41 you in the snow belt way up there???

In Wisconsin I have seen snow so high that people
had to slide out the upstairs windows so they can
shovel out to get to the door so they can get back
in.

willy
A normal winter day in Calumet.
IMG_5559.JPG

/ Regret a cab tractor? #187  
Comparing the comfort of a cab to the discomfort of an open station is hard if you are in the cab. What would you do with the extra money?
Spend it on liquor, gambling, and fast women. If any is still left, spend it on something not valuable. :D

/ Regret a cab tractor? #188  
As you may know, I grew up in the Soviet Union. I have never seen a single tractor without a cab in my entire life. They simply didn't even produce ones. Maybe the first few... The tractors were horrible - a terrible vibration, a scary sound inside, which was further amplified by the cab/box. Only in the photos we did see cab-less tractors working in the U.S. We felt sorry for Americans working on tractors and even huge bulldozers without cabs when it's cold or raining. But I thought there was a reason (unknown for us) why Americans rarely used cabs on tractors.
Now times have changed? I see most Americans prefer to sit in the tractor cabs.

Don't feel sorry for me. I went back to auto repair for a couple years.I worked in a shop staring out the window wishing I was back outside. Now that I love it out here. No cab for me!

Being self employed helps too.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #189  
No. No excuse except funds to pay for a cab. Woods?, not an excuse. Remove the friggigin branches for crying out loud.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #190  
Haaaaaaaa. . . I am SO envious that you are able to say that the smell of grass is pleasant. I started sneezing and sniffing just reading that. My hay fever just goes crazy thinking about it😷
I regret for that.

We have a special grass species in some areas called Heracleum Sosnowskyi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heracleum_sosnowskyi, which makes much trouble. The government still fights with it chemically, but not enough successfully. You can't not only touch it, but even breathe its aerosol is dangerous while cutting. And a cab tractor doesn't help.
Does it exist in N. America?