Regret a cab tractor?

/ Regret a cab tractor? #211  
Although I love my cabbed tractor and would never be without one, I do have one regret. With Kubota cabs, the FEL joystick is fender mounted and uses a cable to actuate the valve. This makes the action less positive due to cable stretch. I miss the "iron on iron" feel of the FEL mounted joystick.

The dealer says I'll get used to it but it has yet to happen after 2 years of ownership. I find myself using my open station tractor with iron joystick for FEL work operations that require feathering or a fine touch.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #212  
Do i regret a cab…….no

E85453FE-29FE-4F7A-A7D6-AA4E4DF1887A.jpeg

/ Regret a cab tractor? #214  
The best accessory to buy with your new cab tractor is a pole saw.
The worst bad habit you can develop with a cab tractor is moving it any distance with a door open.
This, exactly. I'm proof of both statements.

With that said, I went from an open to a cab, and I'd never go back.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #215  
Regrets usually come from people who have a lot of trees or other obstacles. Cab glass can be expensive to replace.

I've seen more than one thread here about mice or other critters getting into the insulation. And some about mold/fungus.
This makes me think of the time I came within 2 inches of being impaled by a broken 2" limb with a sharp point end, right at my chest. If not for driving a HST that stopped immediately, I don't think I'd be here, even if I got knocked off the back, I was pulling a bush hog. Being that few of us try to drive over a tree, nearly every such possible branch encounter is coming from a quartering angle from the side of the trail or wood line, the front cab frame would have deflected it before impaling me.

I'm sure there are stories of "if only the driver could have jumped off...." but I think I started brush hogging dad's farm at 14, so I went about 39 years without a cab. Everything about the cab, except the increased inconveniences of getting on/off vs in/ out, feels safer and more comfortable.

I wouldn't go back if you gave it to me.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #216  
Can anyone swear that the driver of a machine in the video is doing his job when only it's not raining?
What about winter time? :unsure:

/ Regret a cab tractor? #217  
And then ask him if he would rather have a cab with heat and AC,
Dollars to donuts he'd say heck yes for working for playing who knows.