Regret a cab tractor?

/ Regret a cab tractor? #1  

PeteN

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 LS MT357HC
I've been on a search this year for a 4WD tractor and was on a path to an open station version. Various members on TBN have swayed me to the cab version and I'm almost there. With 4WD I believe I will use the tractor year round instead of storing it during the winter like I do with the JD 2020. Just to give me a view of something I haven't thought of, has anyone gone back to an open station after getting a cab tractor?

/ Regret a cab tractor? #2  
If you have a sunshade and you aren’t plowing snow an open station isn’t that bad but no I don’t regret getting a cab machine.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #3  
I had a 2 wheel drive, open station International 2500B for 24 years. I did use it in the winter blowing snow, it was cold and the snow blowing in your face was not so much fun. I now ha a NH T4.75. I am very spoiled now, it is so comfortable in all weather conditions,
winter temp.JPG

/ Regret a cab tractor? #4  
Regrets usually come from people who have a lot of trees or other obstacles. Cab glass can be expensive to replace.

I've seen more than one thread here about mice or other critters getting into the insulation. And some about mold/fungus.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #5  
Regrets usually come from people who have a lot of trees or other obstacles. Cab glass can be expensive to replace.

I've seen more than one thread here about mice or other critters getting into the insulation. And some about mold/fungus.
The best accessory to buy with your new cab tractor is a pole saw.
The worst bad habit you can develop with a cab tractor is moving it any distance with a door open.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #6  
In my experience, most people have confirmation bias when it comes to their choices. Comparing the comfort of a cab to the discomfort of an open station is hard if you are in the cab. What would you do with the extra money?

In my case, the cab would mean having to settle for less tractor as the budget is somewhat fixed.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #7  
Here in the Florida heat I would regret it if I didn't have a cab, still have 1 open station and it has it's uses, but as someone said earlier, get a polesaw.

/ Regret a cab tractor?
In my experience, most people have confirmation bias when it comes to their choices. Comparing the comfort of a cab to the discomfort of an open station is hard if you are in the cab. What would you do with the extra money?

In my case, the cab would mean having to settle for less tractor as the budget is somewhat fixed.
I'm looking at snowblowers and its interesting that most of the tractors in their videos are open station. Makes a cab look very appealing as there is just as much snow on the tractor as the snow they are trying to move on the ground! And as everyone knows that has a snowblower the wind is always in the wrong direction.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #9  
I sometimes wish I had kept my OOS 5310 but I don't regret not eating dust and sweating to death.