Remember When?

/ Remember When? #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Back when men were men and women were women and everybody liked it that way...the world was real, and fun, and you could tell at a glance what car your friends were driving...(sigh...).

/ Remember When? #2  
Notice the couples getting into the Nova SS, the guy’s like: “Get in the back women! And fold your knees sideways so I can slide the bucket seats back farther and have more room!”

/ Remember When?
Notice the couples getting into the Nova SS, the guy’s like: “Get in the back women! And fold your knees sideways so I can slide the bucket seats back farther and have more room!”

I did notice the rather limited room in the back seat!

That must have been a commercial made for the movies; as I recall, in this area, we didn't have color TV until late 1964, and we got our color TV in 1968.

/ Remember When? #4  
Back when men were men and women were women and everybody liked it that way...the world was real, and fun, and you could tell at a glance what car your friends were driving...(sigh...).

Oh H ell yes 2Lane I wish for such! :drink: Love it.

/ Remember When? #5  
I did notice the rather limited room in the back seat!

That must have been a commercial made for the movies; as I recall, in this area, we didn't have color TV until late 1964, and we got our color TV in 1968.

Behind the times a bit Dennis? :laughing:

/ Remember When?
Behind the times a bit Dennis? :laughing:

In 1964, right out of college, I was making $364 a month. A new color TV was in the neighborhood of $500 or thereabouts as I recall; and I didn't have a calf to sell.

/ Remember When? #7  
I was out of college - spring of 1965. We got a brand new VW bug and hit the ALCAN for Alaska. Didn't look back until the summer of 1970 when we made our first trip back outside. By then we had a brand new Chevy 3/4 ton pickup. The 1965 VW just wouldn't cut the Alaska winters.