Remote Hydraulics Install ?

/ Remote Hydraulics Install ? #1  

Jenkins003

Bronze Member
I have a 2004 Century 3040 (same as a Branson 4020 I believe) that I want to install rear remotes on. I purchased what is supposed to be the parts I need from someone on Ebay who was parting out his tractor. I am hoping someone who already has rear remotes on their tractor can verify that I do have all the correct parts from the pictures. It appears that I can replace the part on the tractor with the brass looking loop in it which is located under the seat on the right side with the spool valve (i believe that's what it's called) that I purchased and then just figure out how to run the lines to the back of the tractor. If anyone would be so kind to post some pictures of how the lines are run I would really appreciate it. It appears I may have to take the right rear wheel and fender off to install this. I know very little about hydraulics so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• on tractor.JPG
    on tractor.JPG
    973 KB · Views: 85
  • spool valve.JPG
    spool valve.JPG
    664.8 KB · Views: 77
  • remote kit.JPG
    remote kit.JPG
    635.6 KB · Views: 81
   / Remote Hydraulics Install ? #2  
I agree that you need to take the part with the loop out, in order to mount the remote in. Looks like a very straight job and I'm sure once you get in, you'll figure out exactly how the lines will be routed.

Looks like you may be missing the O-rings on the remote valve you bought. No big deal and it's like a couple cents. You should be able to get it at any parts store. Once you take the old section out, the one with the loop, be careful as there are a couple O-rings there, the same ones you'll need. I suggest that you buy new ones, instead of reusing the old ones. It's not worth doing the job twice for just a couple cents worth of o-rings.