Remove ROPS

/ Remove ROPS #21  
Where in Idaho? There isn't much flat land out there.
South part is flat. Upper part has no flat ground. I’ve been on many wildfires in the upper part. Good for physical conditioning and growing your mountain goat legs.

/ Remove ROPS #22  
Roll Over Protection is the only good reason that I need. I understand that folding rops are not the case here. Aftermarket folding rops perhaps ?

/ Remove ROPS #23  
If you're just mowing flat ground, and don't have a FEL, I don't see much of a risk issue. The 2520 is rather low to the ground. The best solution however, is to prune everything back and high enough for clearance as others have suggested.

I did the first BIG, never before done, prune, about 6 years ago, which took all summer, and I'm still very happy with the outcome: no more running into limbs and it made the acreage look park-like, splendid and added a measure of fire protection.

/ Remove ROPS

Attachments

• DJI_0028.JPG
    DJI_0028.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 91
   / Remove ROPS #26  
Man, that's a nice shot!

/ Remove ROPS #27  
Short of having Antman technology, I doubt you can get under those evergreen branches with or without a ROPS on a 2520. But I can see why you would want to keep the evergreens intact to maintain your privacy from the road.

/ Remove ROPS #29  
Some ROPs are worse than others.

For some reason the ROPs on my 2520 are comically high. (not my pic)
If you haven't figured out the engineering yet, I'm guessing that the engineers assumed the tractor is on a side slope if it tips. When it does, they would prefer that it stays on its side as it slides on the slope - stopping rotation. If it's a long slope, one would not want to see it roll five times if the ROPS is just a little higher than the operator's head ...

/ Remove ROPS #30  
I've had my 2520 for about ten years now, and I'm getting sick of not being able to now near my trees and bushes.

Any good reason to to take off the roll bar?

nope ... Many bad ones though ...