Replaced engine on my PT422

/ Replaced engine on my PT422
(since it's not my money) Go Big or Go home!

I would at least drop in a 25hp... or bigger. Field mowing with my PT422 is a royal pain 'cause not enough power.

It was not available for my tractor. Check with Terry. I would have loved to have the extra horsepower.

/ Replaced engine on my PT422 #52  
The Hondas and clones are a good match... The 670 is good or 690 for a bit of an upgrade.

There is some machining done on the back of the engine that allows the pumps to bolt on. My guess is it was done by Power Trac. Anybody else notice this?

/ Replaced engine on my PT422 #54  
Bob did you cut your blower housing in half like you did on your old engine? If so where and how did you cut it and fasten it on

Bob did you cut your blower housing in half like you did on your old engine? If so where and how did you cut it and fasten it on

I did cut it. I cut horizontally across at the engine shaft center line. I used the existing bolts to hold it in place. I can now get in there and clean the engine. I used a spiral bit on my Dremel tool. Not hard to cut.

/ Replaced engine on my PT422 #56  
I never took notice of my motor location in the tub on my old engine, but my new engine sits off center a little bit, the side where the starter is located is almost touching the tub wall and the rear pump is slightly off center also. Do I have the motor mounted wrong or is that common with the older 422's? I measured the platform that the motor sits on and it is also not exactly centered. I did not remove the platform or loosen its bolts so I don't think it moved any.

I will try to check later today.

I noticed the same offset on my engine. The starter side is about one inch between the engine and side and the other is about 2 inches.

/ Replaced engine on my PT422 #59  

Great job Bob on the engine replacement. :thumbsup: I am getting ready to cut away my housing wondering if you have a picture of yours with the cut away. I am replacing the ignition module's on my Kohler 25.

Here is the picture IMG_1325.JPG