Replacement Battery Opinions Kubota L35

/ Replacement Battery Opinions Kubota L35 #1  

Keuka

Bronze Member
My Kubota L35 is in need of a new battery. I have the battery type from the Operators Manual (75D26R-MF) but I was wondering about where to buy or what brands to go with or stay away from. Would any of the large auto suppliers have dependable industrial replacements or should I just go to a tractor dealer and pay the price. I understand the concept of getting what you pay for but in our "global" supplier net work I sometimes wonder.

/ Replacement Battery Opinions Kubota L35 #2  
Top secret- go find a battery distributor and take your battery with you. Ask for a second. This will still be a top of the line battery that they want to move for some reason. Usually pay half price or less. Local auto wrecking yard that does new wrecks will set me up for 20.00 exchange. You just gotta ask.

/ Replacement Battery Opinions Kubota L35 #3  
As stated a 'second' or blem will be a quality battery at Less than half price...
If you get a regular car/truck battery Buy the Heaviest battery that is the same physical size as what will fit in the battery hold-down... When you buy a battery you are buying Lead, less lead will be lighter & less battery.

/ Replacement Battery Opinions Kubota L35 #4  
Interstate brand sized to replacement specs for your tractor model. Available everywhere- look on the net or local phone listings.

/ Replacement Battery Opinions Kubota L35 #5  
As stated a 'second' or blem will be a quality battery at Less than half price...
If you get a regular car/truck battery Buy the Heaviest battery that is the same physical size as what will fit in the battery hold-down... When you buy a battery you are buying Lead, less lead will be lighter & less battery.

This is good advise. As CM also mentioned, Interstate is a top brand to look for and trust. Optima if you can get it, you don't have to worry about heavy vibration or orientation.

/ Replacement Battery Opinions Kubota L35 #6  
Buy an Optima battery that is sealed and will never leak or corrode the surrounding metal. There are a lot of leaky batteries around that are causing a lot of damage. I got my last Optima from Summit Racing and I'm pretty sure it shipped for free.

/ Replacement Battery Opinions Kubota L35 #7  
I bought/ordered a battery yesterday online for my B7100 which takes a 51(R) size from Advance Auto for $111.00 with a $18 refund with giving them an old battery back. Used coupon code TRT41 for $40 off $100 purchase. There is also code DOWL9 for 35% but can't use both codes. Their battery has 3 year full exchange warranty and 5 year pro rated warranty. To pick up battery today or tomorrow. You can measure the size of your battery and call an auto parts and determine the number (like 51r) and then buy one or call your Kubota dealer and ask them the class number. The CCA number will tell you the power of the battery, like 550CCA or 750CCA or 800CCA which is the cranking amps per hour for turning power but (probably) has nothing to do with longevity.

/ Replacement Battery Opinions Kubota L35 #8  
Aw, just go to Costco or Sam's Club and by the same physical size off the shelf. If it goes bad, doesn't work, etc., etc., those places will replace it for free within 3 years.

In essence, you will have a permanent battery. After 2 years and 11 months just take it back and say it won't hold a charge. Free brand new battery for your tractor.

/ Replacement Battery Opinions Kubota L35 #9  
Although I've never used one in a tractor, the features of AGM batteries would seem to make them better candidates than lead acid. They are more immune to vibration damage, discharge slower when stored, better at low temps, and have lower internal resistance so should deliver better cold cranking for a given package size. I know they used to be really expensive but might not be so bad now that they're more popular. They also are sealed, so you don't have the issue with venting and spillage getting acid on things. The only downside I've experienced is they require a microprocessor based charging system because they're pretty sensitive to charging voltage. But most decent chargers have the necessary controls to charge them properly.

/ Replacement Battery Opinions Kubota L35 #10  
Aw, just go to Costco or Sam's Club and by the same physical size off the shelf. If it goes bad, doesn't work, etc., etc., those places will replace it for free within 3 years.

In essence, you will have a permanent battery. After 2 years and 11 months just take it back and say it won't hold a charge. Free brand new battery for your tractor.
There must be lots of folks trying that because the last battery I took in they had to do a load test, put on a charger to see if it charged. Took me an hour to get it exchanged.
I had an Optima battery in my 2009 RTV900 when I got it (used) in 2010 and the battery failed completely in summer of 2011. No weak turnover, just suddenly one morning it had zilch for power. I took it to the local Optima distributor who didn't stock them because no one wanted to pay double the cost of any other battery for one. I ended up getting a NAPA battery and it has been going strong ever since. Most of my use with the RTV consist of short trips of less than 5 minutes and it stays charged all the time. I may crank it 10+ times a day for not more than 20-30 minutes of use time.
I usually just go to Walmart to replace my vehicle batteries as they have a good battery and good warranty and cheaper than other places. This my first time using a NAPA battery but so far so good in the 30 months of ownership.