Replacing hydraulic hose

/ Replacing hydraulic hose #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
Hey all, I developed a leak in the hydraulic hose going from the tractor to the loader yesterday on my l3710 Kubota. I probably lost a quart of fluid. I managed to get the loader off the tractor and finished snow plowing. I got a replacement hose made and bought some fluid. Quite a bit of fluid drained out of the loader after I took the hose off.
I need advice replacing the hose and bleeding off the air.

Kevin

/ Replacing hydraulic hose
Hey all, I developed a leak in the hydraulic hose going from the tractor to the loader yesterday on my l3710 Kubota. I probably lost a quart of fluid. I managed to get the loader off the tractor and finished snow plowing. I got a replacement hose made and bought some fluid. Quite a bit of fluid drained out of the loader after I took the hose off.
I need advice replacing the hose and bleeding off the air.

Kevin
Or maybe I shouldn't be worried about air in the lines?

/ Replacing hydraulic hose #3  
Replace the hose and keep cycling it and you will get the air out. In the worst of cases you might get an airlock and have to crack a fitting loose but that is a rarity.

/ Replacing hydraulic hose #4  
I've never seen a specific method of bleeding air out of an open hydraulic system like Kubota uses, or of needing to do so.
After you cycle the loader up and down a few times I doubt you will notice any air.

/ Replacing hydraulic hose #5  
Once you're done cycling the loader a few times, shut down and check the fluid level. Since the tranmission holds some number of gallons (10 on my Branson), a quart or two is not going to change the level too much.

/ Replacing hydraulic hose #7  
Buy some caps for the hoses male and female for when you do have to replace them. All I do is ease into it with the lever the first cycle or two an like others just run the thing recheck the fluid.