Reroute exhaust exit 3520?

/ Reroute exhaust exit 3520? #1  

ning

Elite Member
Tractor
Branson 3520h
Hi all - curious if anyone's looked at rerouting the exhaust exit on a non-cab like the Branson 3520?
I've seen this thread and I'm definitely interested because my exhaust blows a ton of dust everywhere I go... I'm sure the radiator fan is doing its part too but there's more dust billowing out from the left than the right and my guess is having the jet of exhaust practically aimed at the dirt isn't helping.

/ Reroute exhaust exit 3520? #2  
I made a turn down tip for mine out of stainless steel. I've seen some people that just buy a turn down tip that makes a 90 degree turn and point it to the side, instead of to the ground. At the time I couldn't source one.

Mine is just a 45 degree as I just wanted to diver the exhaust from one of the lights I added.

IMG_20190704_162344.jpg

/ Reroute exhaust exit 3520? #3  
Actually TYMCustoms sells one. It's for an exhaust with 1.25" OD.

And here it is on a TYM tractor
Pode ser uma imagem de tubo de escape e ao ar livre

/ Reroute exhaust exit 3520? #4  
I am wondering why you limited your comments to non-cabbed tractors? My cabbed tractor has the same problem. I fabbed a sweep to put on mine to blow upwards and outwards if I am mowing weeds that have gone to seed (which I try to avoid doing). I leave it off otherwise as it traps water and is just something else that might fall off. (I haven't spent a lot of time making support brackets)

/ Reroute exhaust exit 3520?
I am wondering why you limited your comments to non-cabbed tractors? My cabbed tractor has the same problem. I fabbed a sweep to put on mine to blow upwards and outwards if I am mowing weeds that have gone to seed (which I try to avoid doing). I leave it off otherwise as it traps water and is just something else that might fall off. (I haven't spent a lot of time making support brackets)
The linked thread had an interesting reroute to an upward stack right by the cab which I suspect wouldn't work so well without a cab (heat etc). But you're right, this isn't really a cab vs non-cab issue.

Good point about the seeding weeds issue. Tempting to get my torch and light all those up but around here that would probably result in thousand-square-mile wildfire...

Also good point about the water trap. I typically park inside, and this exhaust issue is primarily an issue for me when we dry out, so maybe not an issue... or maybe I can drill a small hole at the "bottom" of the sweep to allow water to weep out if it happens to condense there.

My main thing is that the dirt here, once dry and disturbed, gets this super fine dust layer on top (sometimes an inch or so deep where I drive over it a lot) and wow that just blows all over the place! I need to look at the current exit and see if an upward sweep would work out, thanks all!