Rerouting exhaust

/ Rerouting exhaust #1  

Billrog

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti 2610, 580 SuperM Case Backhoe
This is how I eliminated breathing exhaust and having it blow up dust in my face.
1648775441088.jpeg

1648775481593.jpeg

1648775582740.jpeg

The piece of trim above the step I installed to keep the floor mat in place because I kept hooking it & pulling it up with my toe.
1648775781400.jpeg

/ Rerouting exhaust #2  
Nice idea. What kind of flex tubing is that? Where did you get it?

/ Rerouting exhaust #3  
If I'm spending any significant seat time it's with my respirator

My 1953 Jubilee has rear exhaust making it a pleasure to operate... all the others exit somewhere side or top of hood.

/ Rerouting exhaust #4  
I used
If I'm spending any significant seat time it's with my respirator

My 1953 Jubilee has rear exhaust making it a pleasure to operate... all the others exit somewhere side or top of hood.
I used to get sinus headaches with my old tractor from smelling exhaust. I don’t notice the smell or have any headaches from operating my new tier 4 tractor.

/ Rerouting exhaust #5  
Strange - the exhaust on my M6040 is vertical with the 90 degree tip pointing straight forward. I've never had problems with the exhaust. Maybe I'm just numb because I'm so old.
IMG_0009.jpeg

/ Rerouting exhaust #6  
I never liked the low rear exhausts, but that was when those tractors would be used for hauling light loads and you were hooking wagons to the draw bars frequently during the day.
My exhaust doesn't bother a bit;
exhaust 6.jpg

/ Rerouting exhaust #7  
Strange - the exhaust on my M6040 is vertical with the 90 degree tip pointing straight forward. I've never had problems with the exhaust. Maybe I'm just numb because I'm so old.
View attachment 739862
Mine is the same on my M9 cabin tractor but my M9 open station has the optional low dump exhaust which exits in front of the left hand side operators platform and neither one bothers me at all. I did completely remove the over the engine mount muffler on the cab tractor in lieu of a straight pipe (had to have the local exhaust shop bend me up some piping) which I welded together here at the farm.

With the turbo charger it's plenty quiet enough for me, besides I like the sound of a straight piped turbo charged diesel engine. Just loud enough not to offend anyone but not dead quiet either. A turbo charger is considered a muffling device anyway.

/ Rerouting exhaust #8  
I used

I used to get sinus headaches with my old tractor from smelling exhaust. I don’t notice the smell or have any headaches from operating my new tier 4 tractor.
I love the smell of diesel exhaust in the morning... Diesel exhaust = Hillbilly Incense..... (y)