Chipper Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #21  
How do the Wildlife people get away with burning tires? The eco freaks would be all over that in a heartbeat.

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #22  
How do the Wildlife people get away with burning tires? The eco freaks would be all over that in a heartbeat.

Guess it's ok when a gummit entity does it.......... Around here, all the used tires either get shredded and added to asphalt mix or they are used to help fire cement kilns. Tires and railroad ties have to be the most nasty things to roast.

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please
So, lots of chipper options.

my Kubota dealer carries LANDPRIDE (models WC1503, and WC1504); and WALLENSTEIN (models BX36S and BX52S) I'm leaning on the Wallensteins because they are excellent quality and are built here in Canada.

Woodland Mills (WC46, WC48) impress me from the online specs. But they are China built, no dealerships, and online sales only. The Woodmaxx (TM86H) is the same.

D R Chipper has always impressed me with their products, and they are an online order from Peavey Mart, an hour away. Possible, but not likely.

The Valdy models (LC400 HF / F, and LC600 HF / F) look good, but are not available out this way

I haven't found much on the Woods chippers; and the Vermeer chippers (available in BC) are basically professional construction type equipment, and way beyond my needs.

The USA built Mackissic brand (models TPH123, and TPH185) are impressive, but not available at Canadian dealerships, so, I think they are out.

Thanks for all of your input. For me, I think it comes down to Wallenstein, LandPride and possibly Woodland Mills. D R Chipper maybe.

cheers.

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #24  

The wind is always blowing my way. Toward the SW - away from Cheney & Spokane. 10% of the time the wind comes out of the NE - that's when they choose to burn. If the wind changes direction - the fires go out.

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #25  
I have a MackKissick 185. It's sitting in the barn since I got the Woodmaxx 8H. I've used it once to shred leaves for mulch. That's the only thing it does better than the 8H, because of the hammer mill.

Having to tilt branches up to feed them into the hopper is a lot more work than feeding them horizontal on the 8H. It limits the length of the branches meaning more cutting.

And being a self-feed "chuck and duck" I'm either wrestling with the branches to get them to feed, or once they 'catch', quickly pulling my hand back so it does not get sucked in. With the 8H feeding is easy and at a controlled speed.

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #26  
I did a bunch of research on chippers earlier this spring.
I have a B3300, L225 and an L235DT to use it on...so I was looking at 6".
I also wanted to have hydraulic infeed ( I have used manual feed, and a mechanical feed Jinma).

After looking at pricing, I narrowed my search to Woodland Mills WC68 (which is very well reviewed) and a very similar Range Road RR415.....
Range Road had a local distributor close by, so I selected it. It came in about 6 days....and I have done a ton of chipping with it and I love it.

I'm going to write a full review when I finally stop chipping :) but I can say I would recommend a Range Road.

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #27  
I have Wallenstein BXM32 that I bought used in 2018. Don't know when it was originally purchased though their 2018 catalog had it listed. It is a manual feed, like someone said, it is a "chuck and duck". Which when the tree gets down to the top branches, then it may need pushing to break up those tops. But we run it on the back of the BX2230. It is a great counter balance also. Good luck with your decision. Jon

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #28  
So, lots of chipper options.

my Kubota dealer carries LANDPRIDE (models WC1503, and WC1504); and WALLENSTEIN (models BX36S and BX52S) I'm leaning on the Wallensteins because they are excellent quality and are built here in Canada.

Woodland Mills (WC46, WC48) impress me from the online specs. But they are China built, no dealerships, and online sales only. The Woodmaxx (TM86H) is the same.

D R Chipper has always impressed me with their products, and they are an online order from Peavey Mart, an hour away. Possible, but not likely.

The Valdy models (LC400 HF / F, and LC600 HF / F) look good, but are not available out this way

I haven't found much on the Woods chippers; and the Vermeer chippers (available in BC) are basically professional construction type equipment, and way beyond my needs.

The USA built Mackissic brand (models TPH123, and TPH185) are impressive, but not available at Canadian dealerships, so, I think they are out.

Thanks for all of your input. For me, I think it comes down to Wallenstein, LandPride and possibly Woodland Mills. D R Chipper maybe.

cheers.

I have a Wallenstein 36S on a Kubota BX 2670. It works as I had hoped it would. I don't chip larger diameter wood as I use that for fires. 3" wood, especially green, chips really effectively and the chips come out in a size I like. The knives stay sharp for a long time as well. It was expensive, but I feel I got what I paid for. It's perfect for a wooded 3 acre suburban lot with buckthorn and elm trees that need to be harvested. I'm sure I would prefer to burn, but that aint going to happen in a fringe metropolitan suburb.

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #29  
Fire kills everything in the topsoil, including roots of nearby trees. Fire can get away from you and cost you tens of thousands of dollars. Chipping creates topsoil, supports insect and microbial life and improves property value.

/ Researching best qualitry wood chipper for a Kubota BX23S, suggestions please #30  
Reading all the previous posts, when factored in with my own experience, I have to agree with:
Wallenstein (I have had the 62S since 2013) has been a fantastic buy
NO hydraulic infeed
Chipping green wood gives best chips
Knives stay sharp (but I did get a spare set, and haven't used them yet

The two things I didn't see posted (might have just missed them, though) are:
You can get almost all your money back if you ever want to sell it (if it's in great condition, of course). I have seen them listed for sale and amazed at the value retention.
From a safety standpoint, I can't reach my arm far enough in the hopper to get in trouble even if I wanted to (please don't try this with the machine running)

Have a great experience!