Retaining walls and patio

/ Retaining walls and patio #301  
Any pictures? Those large block walls can look real nice.
This is the best picture of it that I could find. The wall continues to rise further on down. It then makes a 90 degree turn to the right around the shop (not shown) and comes back down on the other side. I had to make this wall to create a level spot on that piece of property so I could make a shop and parking area large enough to turn a long trailer around. Half of the first row is below ground level.
DSCF1552.JPG

/ Retaining walls and patio #302  
Looks good!

/ Retaining walls and patio #304  
Looking great, Muhammad. As a parent of young children I look at that view from the garage down to street, and just see endless trips, falls, scrapes, and bashed skulls LOL.

Seriously though, lotta trip hazards created here. Is the plan to fill in, in between all the concrete sections with stone?

/ Retaining walls and patio #305  
I saw this big block wall over the weekend.

DF796A99-2E57-4CCF-A4CD-A7F3F7A3FC15.jpeg

/ Retaining walls and patio #306  
I saw this big block wall over the weekend.

View attachment 725921

I set some of those once. I wasn’t a big fan. Those dome top blocks are harder to line up than the more standard V top blocks.they’re also heavier. Those are 5,000 pounds or s little better apiece where the more standard ones are 3600 pounds.

/ Retaining walls and patio #307  
Any pictures? Those large block walls can look real nice.
Big big job messing with those 'Reddi Blocks'. I think I posted a thread on this project a few years back. Tore out a very old railroad tie bulkhead (not built to code) and neighbor had these blocks installed. Just the engineering was serious $$$...

Attachments

• aerial.jpg
    aerial.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 63
  • fill.jpg
    fill.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 63
  • new vs old.jpg
    new vs old.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 58
  • old wall 2.jpg
    old wall 2.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 56
  • paving.jpg
    paving.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 62
  • staging.jpg
    staging.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 61
  • top of the wall.jpg
    top of the wall.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 64
   / Retaining walls and patio #308  
Big big job messing with those 'Reddi Blocks'. I think I posted a thread on this project a few years back. Tore out a very old railroad tie bulkhead (not built to code) and neighbor had these blocks installed. Just the engineering was serious $$$...
Who did your engineering if I may ask? Your wall looks nice. Your drone picture (with the curved wall) is almost exactly what I need (without such slope).

Last edited:
   / Retaining walls and patio #309  
Who did your engineering if I may ask? Your wall looks nice. Your drone picture (with the curved wall) is almost exactly what I need (without such slope).
N.L. Olsen & Associates in Port Orchard.