Reverser for snowblower

/ Reverser for snowblower #1  

LHoyer

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100
Current project is to mount an Ariens 2-stage snowblower to the front of my Kubota B-7100. The Kubota front PTO spins CW and the Ariens needs CCW, so I will be building a v-belt reverser and speeding the drive up slightly (27-2800 rpm to about 3200 rpm). On the attached drawing (not to scale), where should the tensioner be placed? Position A or B. I understand the tensioner should be on the slack side, so is position B correct? I will be using a double sided, AA-series v-belt, and will have about 240 degrees of wrap on the driven pulley.

Attachments

• reverser.jpg
    reverser.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 123
   / Reverser for snowblower #2  
B side will be pulling so A side would the slack side.

/ Reverser for snowblower
Thanks everyone. Sincerely appreciate the responses.

/ Reverser for snowblower #5  
Your routing of the belts will work. However, it puts double the torque on the right side idler and it's bearings. If I can get a diagram to attach you will see that the tension side of the belt goes directly from the drive pulley to the driven pulley. All the idlers do is take up the slack.CCI06082021.jpg

/ Reverser for snowblower #6  
Your routing of the belts will work. However, it puts double the torque on the right side idler and it's bearings. If I can get a diagram to attach you will see that the tension side of the belt goes directly from the drive pulley to the driven pulley. All the idlers do is take up the slack.View attachment 701784

His belt routing has contact with almost half the pulley where yours is quite a bit less which would be more prone to slipping.

/ Reverser for snowblower #7  
By moving the left idler pulley up the belt wrap can be increased, I suppose I should have completely redrawn the diagram. If he wants to eliminate slippage completely roller chain would do the job.

/ Reverser for snowblower #8  
Did mine the same way but with chain, running at 540. I just use the idlers for chain tension.