Rim Guard ballast fill issue - dealer filled 10 gal vs 30 gal expected

/ Rim Guard ballast fill issue - dealer filled 10 gal vs 30 gal expected
Try this. Valve stem at 12-'O clock position. Put a puff or two of air into valve stem to clear it. Let some air out of the valve stem. Does it bleed just air or RimGuard.
So I finally had a chance today to bleed the valve stems and the results were unexpected - while jacked up with the valve stem at 12 o’clock it bled RimGuard continuously, zero air. I bled about 2.5 gallons before stopping (started making a mess as I wasn‘t prepared for it to bleed that much), but it will definitely bleed more. This backs up what the tech originally told me in my initial post.

I suppose this is potentially good news and that I could actually have the opposite problem - the evidence suggests the tires are over filled! I mentioned earlier that it did not “feel” like there was 600+ lbs of additional ballast, but admittedly I probably did not conduct enough loader work to be sure… can try moving around with a full load of top soil this week. The dealer said they “measure” the amount of fluid pumped into each tire by determining change in fluid level from the source tank via visual marks on the side of the tank. Perhaps their tank is very large and the tech misread the change in fluid level in the source tank?

/ Rim Guard ballast fill issue - dealer filled 10 gal vs 30 gal expected #12  
Sounds like the dealer partially filled with windshield wiper fluid. You then took it to a Rim Guard Dealer. You need to be asking the selling Dealer what he put in the tires.

Sounds like the dealer partially filled with windshield wiper fluid. You then took it to a Rim Guard Dealer. You need to be asking the selling Dealer what he put in the tires.
Yes I had that thought as well, so I called the original selling dealer and they swore they did not fill the tires with anything. I did not get any sense of windshield washer fluid in what I bled from the valve stems via smell or consistency, so I’m inclined to believe them.

/ Rim Guard ballast fill issue - dealer filled 10 gal vs 30 gal expected #14  
Yes I had that thought as well, so I called the original selling dealer and they swore they did not fill the tires with anything. I did not get any sense of windshield washer fluid in what I bled from the valve stems via smell or consistency, so I’m inclined to believe them.
If in your check of the tires previously you had the tire up and off the ground when you checked and Rim Guard came out and you don't think there is windshield washer anti freeze in the tire if mine, I would jack the rear end of the tractor up, put the valve stem at the 12 O'clock position and let out fluid until only air started coming out. The recommend filling with liquid of a rear tractor tire is 75%. The air pressure reading on a tire filled with 75% liquid is determined by implement being used and tire size. The general rule of thumb followed by most is 75% fluid and fill with air to achieve the manufactures recommended tire pressure for the rear tire size.

If in your check of the tires previously you had the tire up and off the ground when you checked and Rim Guard came out and you don't think there is windshield washer anti freeze in the tire if mine, I would jack the rear end of the tractor up, put the valve stem at the 12 O'clock position and let out fluid until only air started coming out. The recommend filling with liquid of a rear tractor tire is 75%. The air pressure reading on a tire filled with 75% liquid is determined by implement being used and tire size. The general rule of thumb followed by most is 75% fluid and fill with air to achieve the manufactures recommended tire pressure for the rear tire size.
I agree with this… all of the evidence suggests they over filled the tires regardless of how many gallons they believe they used. My plan is to bleed the tires until air starts coming out at 11/12 o’clock so the tires are about 75% filled.

So the Kioti recommended tire pressure for R14 tires is a bit of a mystery. Their crappy manual doesn’t specify… the “industrial” tires specified in the manual are the same size as R14s, but the listed pressures do not align. Manual says 41 and 45 psi for fronts and rears respectively, but both note a max pressure of 35 psi physically marked on the tire. I e-mailed Kioti tech support and am waiting to hear back.

/ Rim Guard ballast fill issue - dealer filled 10 gal vs 30 gal expected #16  
I agree with this… all of the evidence suggests they over filled the tires regardless of how many gallons they believe they used. My plan is to bleed the tires until air starts coming out at 11/12 o’clock so the tires are about 75% filled.

So the Kioti recommended tire pressure for R14 tires is a bit of a mystery. Their crappy manual doesn’t specify… the “industrial” tires specified in the manual are the same size as R14s, but the listed pressures do not align. Manual says 41 and 45 psi for fronts and rears respectively, but both note a max pressure of 35 psi physically marked on the tire. I e-mailed Kioti tech support and am waiting to hear back.

Curious to see what Kioti says - when we fill tires (I work at a dealer) - we set pressure to 12-14 psi.

Curious to see what Kioti says - when we fill tires (I work at a dealer) - we set pressure to 12-14 psi.
I’ll post what Kioti says once they get back to me. The tires were filled to 32 and 24 psi for the rears and fronts respectively when I originally picked the tractor up, so I assume that is what the dealer filled them to or they just left them at whatever they came with from the factory? The fronts seem low to me for loader work based on the max rating of 35 psi on the tire itself.

/ Rim Guard ballast fill issue - dealer filled 10 gal vs 30 gal expected #18  

The following is the guidelines for the tire pressures for my New Holland TC33D:

Tire Pressures.jpg

Did some heavy loader work this past week and definitely felt that the tires were filled. All but confirmed it after bleeding the valve stems, but good to know nonetheless. In summary - dealer thought they only filled each tire with 10 gallons, but turns out they actually overfilled them. Good for me as I only paid for 10 gallons in each tire. Thanks for the help everyone.

Kioti finally got back to me on recommended pressures for R14 tires on their CK series tractors. They recommend between 23 and 29 psi for both the front and rear, and closer to 29 psi for the front if using a front end loader.

/ Rim Guard ballast fill issue - dealer filled 10 gal vs 30 gal expected #20  
I'd say the gauge was off on the fill station.