Ripping roots with a tractor?

/ Ripping roots with a tractor? #21  
I am going to have some fun at the expense of the YouTube guy with homemade ripper. While I appreciate ingenuity and his ability to build a tool for removing stumps, the amount of time to remove singe stump at 27 minutes is way too time consuming. It looks more like he is tilling a garden than removing a stump.

/ Ripping roots with a tractor? #22  
Had the stump problem and first used the forks on the FEL to pop them up. But left a hole in the ground and trenches where the roots came up or lots of roots on top of the ground with the stumps. Was hard on the FEL but would get the job done.

My next move, which solves my problem was to get a 3 ph Turbosaw and grind the stump just below ground level. Left a mow-able surface with no holes or stumps that the mower won't clear.

Best investment I have made for stumps to get a mowing surface. And I've cleared 500-600 stumps from white spruce trees in the last 6 years with this TurboSaw.

Looks pretty tough!

/ Ripping roots with a tractor? #23  
I used a DirtDog subsoiler to rip out the roots in a new vegetable garden after the stump grinder finished his work on about 10 stumps. When you hook a large one that stops the tractor, lifting up on the 3-Point usually could bring them to the surface where you can hook them again in a different direction to get the rest of it up.

This thing weights about 110lbs and has a shear bolt to protect the tractor. I broke the bolt a couple of times moving a little too fast when I first started.

1656446091327.png

/ Ripping roots with a tractor? #24  
I just bought a root rake grapple … i haven’t try it yet.

Attachments

• 5CB06694-08C6-4462-9FE9-11D89979089B.jpeg
    5CB06694-08C6-4462-9FE9-11D89979089B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44