Oil & Fuel RK 55HC 50 hour service

/ RK 55HC 50 hour service #11  
Remote is for radio on a cabbed model. I am doing my 50hr service soon and personally, I will not put the cheap stuff that RK sells in my tractor.

To my knowledge, they do not carry any of the hydraulic fluids listed in the manual.

/ RK 55HC 50 hour service #12  
This is what they gave me when I asked for the filter and fluid list for the 50hr service. It has SKUs for the recommended fluids.

55HC 50 Hour.PNG

/ RK 55HC 50 hour service
Yes I did get the filter. The only things I picked up at the store were;

Oil filter
Oil
Gear oil
Hydraulic fluid

/ RK 55HC 50 hour service #14  
Some years back my brother used to work installing commercial racks ... the ones used in manufacturing warehouses.

They were doing a job for a manufacturer of filters. My brother asked about brand name vs "discount" brands. The man pointed to a wall of filters. They were stacked by "manufacturer/color". He pointed out the NAPA, WIX and several other known brands as well as some "private" brands (like the ones sold as OEM vehicle brands) - he told him they were all "the same filter" ... only the paint on the outside of the can and the part number on the box were different - that inside they were identical.

Now, using the "color brand" for you tractor may sit better with the seller .... but the actual filters are evidently all the same no matter what brand you buy.

/ RK 55HC 50 hour service #15  
I'm not sure that's true about the filters being all the same. I remember seeing an article some where a few years back and they cut open a Fram filter and a WIX to compare. The Fram filter uses cardboard as end caps to the filtering material and the WIX caps were metal. I'm sure the article is still out there if someone wants to Google it.

/ RK 55HC 50 hour service #16  
Neil Messick did at least one video where he cut open and compared different filters. There were indeed differences. But I have also seen where name brand X vs generic filter Y are exactly the same. This comes up a lot on the car forums too. I think it all just depends on the make, model, mfg, retailer, etc. I don't think you can apply a blanket statement across the board for all filters everywhere.

/ RK 55HC 50 hour service #17  
Just purchased an RK55H. It came with an owners manual which is not very accurate, 2 keys and the hydraulic filter but no parts manual, cd or remote.
what is the remote for? I have not gone back yet for the oil or fuel filter but RK is not listed on oil manufactures sites.
When the manual tells me to use 90W gear oil in the transmission it makes me question the accuracy of everything.

The factory service manual lists THF500 as the spec for the RK55 HST trans fluid.

/ RK 55HC 50 hour service #18  
Last edited:
   / RK 55HC 50 hour service
Yeah brother I just your entire write up - AWESOME stuff.

/ RK 55HC 50 hour service #20  
The remote is for the radio in a cabbed model. I didnt get any free hydraulic filters when I bought mine. I did however make them give a free oil change kit (2 gallons of oil, and filter) since my unit had been setting on the lot for over a year outside. Mine also did not include a parts manual. I found it on the web, and downloaded , and printed it.