RK37 AC

/ RK37 AC #1  

chesternator

Silver Member
Tractor
RK37 HC Hydrostatic Cab
Anyone else find the AC only blew cold on the first use? Worked good day1 but it's hot air now. When I put it on vent without AC the air is hotter than the air outside. I removed the 2 metal filters in front of the radiators and blew them out but it didnt help much.

/ RK37 AC #2  
I have the RK55. Have noticed no degradation in AC coolness over the 13 hrs I’ve had it running.

/ RK37 AC #3  
I have about 39 hours on my RK37HC and the A/C is just as cold now as day one. Are you sure tat you have the center knob turned on and the right knob turned fully counter clockwise?.............Don

/ RK37 AC
Yes it is definately turned on and all the way up. It's slightly cool for a few minutes but then turns hot. I thoroughly cleaned under the hood again but it made no difference. It sounds like others dont share this issue so I should ask how to troubleshoot from here. The switches are definately working as I can tell a difference when turned the other direction.

Should the compressor be cycling off and on? I think mine just stays on but need to check. I want to say they will cycle more often when they are low on freon which would indicate that's not my issue here. I've got gauges but I dont know what I should be aiming for on my tractor. What I find odd is that even with AC off and fan on, the air will turn much warmer than the air outside.

Oh and the front most vents closer to the windshield are warmer than the those directly in front of me. This seems odd to me because they should be the same source of air? I am not imagining it, it's clearly warmer.

The AC was definately cold the first day I used it but the next day was not.

/ RK37 AC #5  
Mine is also just as cold as when new, so far as I can tell. Have you confirmed that the compressor clutch is engaging when you turn it on? The control wires look like regular spade terminals, seems like it's possible they could vibrate loose.

/ RK37 AC #6  
Sounds like your system developed a leak. Call the dealer.

/ RK37 AC
So a bit more on this.
I confirmed the compressor is turning off and on with the dash switch as it should
The compressor is not cycling often which would indicate a low freon situation
Temp of the blowing air seems to be unchanged by turning AC on or off or moving the dial from hot/cold

At this point I'm leaning toward an issue with the hot/cold dial.

I dont have means to take it to the dealer and I doubt they would cover under warranty anyway.

/ RK37 AC #10  
Why wouldn't they cover it??? It has a bumper to bumper warranty. Per their website they have mobile units that I assume is to perform minor warranty work within a reasonable distance.