RK37 regen

/ RK37 regen #1  

DonRybak

Gold Member
Tractor
RK37HC
My RK37HC now has 64 hours on it and I have yet to see a regen request. Several months back I seem to remember someone mentioning that theirs did a regen right at 50 hours when the first service was due. Just curious at what point other RK37 owners are seeing for having to start the regen process. Thanks..........Don

/ RK37 regen #2  
At 41 hours on RK55, haven't had a regen request yet either, although the high-temp exhaust indicator on the LCD display lit up for a little while operating for a couple hours at low RPMs - but went out. We regularly run the engine at 2000rpm+, so maybe if you are doing the same, it has been hot enough to burn the soot in the DPF...? Dunno. Just spitballin'...

/ RK37 regen
Thanks for the reply markie69 but the RK 37 is different than the RK55 I believe. If I'm not mistaken the RK 55 will do a regen while being used where as the RK37 has a regen button that flashes telling you that it's due. If I'm reading the manual correctly it says to park the tractor then press the regen button that's flashing to start the process. Says that the tractor rpm will increase and to let the process run until complete which takes approximately 30 minutes......Don

/ RK37 regen #4  
... the RK 37 is different
Could be they are different. This is my first Tier IV diesel, so don't know much (yet) about newer diesels - car, truck, or tractor...

/ RK37 regen #5  
Thanks for the reply markie69 but the RK 37 is different than the RK55 I believe. If I'm not mistaken the RK 55 will do a regen while being used where as the RK37 has a regen button that flashes telling you that it's due. If I'm reading the manual correctly it says to park the tractor then press the regen button that's flashing to start the process. Says that the tractor rpm will increase and to let the process run until complete which takes approximately 30 minutes......Don

Can't speak to the 37 but the 55 will do it both ways. If you are running it hot then the Regen light will come on solid while you are running the tractor and go off when the Regen is finished, no user intervention required (my first Regen went like this). If you are not running it hot then it will request a Regen and you have to park it and hit the button to let it do it's own managed Regen (did this on my second one).

/ RK37 regen #6  
My 37 did a regen at 50, 80, 134, 167, 189, 234 hours. Should be getting close to the next one since it’s almost at 300 now.

Every time it’s done it all I did was either crank up the throttle if I wasn’t working, or if I was then I kept right on working. About 25-30 minutes and it’s done. No button pushing and the only difference was the very distinct smell. I always notice it’s in regen by the smell first before I ever notice the light on the dash.

/ RK37 regen
kkilli, on page 2-14 of my manual it states that when the regen button starts flashing that you have to press the button to start the process. It also states that no other work should be done while the regen is in progress.

Regen.png

/ RK37 regen #8  
kkilli, on page 2-14 of my manual it states that when the regen button starts flashing that you have to press the button to start the process. It also states that no other work should be done while the regen is in progress.

View attachment 623259

“If” the light flashes....mine has never flashed. It’s gone on solid and as long as rpms are up it will complete without issue in under 30 minutes.

Pressing the button is for manually starting the process that either hasn’t started automatically or was stopped/hasn’t completed for some reason.

Like I said, mine has been through it 6 times in a little over a year. It’s no big deal, don’t over think it....

/ RK37 regen #9  
Every time I read about the regen process it makes me cringe. I can't believe manufacturers can't come up with something better than letting a tractor sit there for 30 mins wide open. Idiot tree huggers.

/ RK37 regen #10  
Every time I read about the regen process it makes me cringe. I can't believe manufacturers can't come up with something better than letting a tractor sit there for 30 mins wide open. Idiot tree huggers.

Sure! Is called "gasoline".