RK37 vs TYM/Branson 3515

/ RK37 vs TYM/Branson 3515 #1  

emmelldee

Tractor
JD 1025R For Now
I have been exploring an upgrade from my Deere 1025R.

As I compare the hydrostat versions of the RK37 and TYM/Branson 3515, the primary thing that stands out is the hydraulic pump flow. According to their respective websites and TractorData.com:
  • The RK37 is rated at 6.4 gpm;
  • The 3515H is rated at 8.7 gpm, or 36% higher.
…for essentially the same money (though obviously there are other differences). I'm just curious what others have experienced - and what to expect - in terms of that kind of difference in flow. The loader lift heights and capacities, etc. are very similar. So my only guess is that continuous-flow implements would really show a difference?

Thoughts?

/ RK37 vs TYM/Branson 3515 #2  
After the horror stories I've read about RK support, Id never buy a tractor from them. The TYM version will also have a different engine, the Kukje diesel, Rural King doesn't spec that motor as far as I know. The 3515 also has metal fenders and hood. You will likely see faster cycle times on the TYM

/ RK37 vs TYM/Branson 3515 #3  
After the horror stories I've read about RK support, Id never buy a tractor from them. The TYM version will also have a different engine, the Kukje diesel, Rural King doesn't spec that motor as far as I know. The 3515 also has metal fenders and hood. You will likely see faster cycle times on the TYM
My opinion also.

/ RK37 vs TYM/Branson 3515
Thank you guys. I had not heard those RK horror stories - so this is a real help. And that's a great point on cycle times.

/ RK37 vs TYM/Branson 3515 #5  
The TYM units will offer a less complicated tier 4 engine, and much better after sale service. I think RK specs a Yanmar engine, but it's common rail, not mechanical injection. I'd prefer the mechanical. That is what led me to TYM

/ RK37 vs TYM/Branson 3515 #6  
If you prefer the RK37, I believe that is just a rebranded T394.

My understanding is that there are a few good RK stores with actual mechanics and such. We don't have them this far west, so I cannot say from personal experience.

The 15 series uses the TYM engine, which is not shut down by the electronics if you have a DPF error. 394 uses a Yanmar. Good engine, but is tied to the sensors and can go into limp mode, iirc.

The TYM units will offer a less complicated tier 4 engine, and much better after sale service. I think RK specs a Yanmar engine, but it's common rail, not mechanical injection. I'd prefer the mechanical. That is what led me to TYM
Ok, that's good to know. Neither the TYM dealer nor the RK tractor shop are super close, but the RK tractor was nearer. So I wanted to explore if all else was equal-ish, the decision might tip toward the closer option.

If you prefer the RK37, I believe that is just a rebranded T394.

My understanding is that there are a few good RK stores with actual mechanics and such. We don't have them this far west, so I cannot say from personal experience.

The 15 series uses the TYM engine, which is not shut down by the electronics if you have a DPF error. 394 uses a Yanmar. Good engine, but is tied to the sensors and can go into limp mode, iirc.
I was curious which TYM the RK37 was - thanks for anticipating that additional question. (y)

/ RK37 vs TYM/Branson 3515 #9  
Yeah, RK sells none of the legacy Branson models. So none of the 15/20 series tractors.

/ RK37 vs TYM/Branson 3515 #10  
I have been exploring an upgrade from my Deere 1025R.

As I compare the hydrostat versions of the RK37 and TYM/Branson 3515, the primary thing that stands out is the hydraulic pump flow. According to their respective websites and TractorData.com:
  • The RK37 is rated at 6.4 gpm;
  • The 3515H is rated at 8.7 gpm, or 36% higher.
…for essentially the same money (though obviously there are other differences). I'm just curious what others have experienced - and what to expect - in terms of that kind of difference in flow. The loader lift heights and capacities, etc. are very similar. So my only guess is that continuous-flow implements would really show a difference?

Thoughts?

What kind of continuous flow implements would you use on a tractor that size? Just curious.