3-Point Hitch RK55 3pt fine tune

/ RK55 3pt fine tune #21  
I’ve done some testing in the garage on the concrete floor, my wife assisted me so I could watch the linkage moving.
Results
1) The higher the RPM the worse the problem is.
2) Sprayed WD40 on the linkage parts with no noticeable change.
3) The smallest amount that I can raise the mower deck is in 1 ½” increments.
4) The smallest amount that I can lower the deck is ½” increments.
5) When lowering the deck, it will give the appearance that your doing it under control, but really its just falling at the speed set by how you have the adjustment knob set under the front seat. It will still fall the full ½”, just at a nice pace instead of jerking.
6) The lever is snug or tight fitting, you need to apply a steady firm pressure to get it to move.
7) It makes no difference if we use the handle inside the cab or the remote adjuster at the back of the tractor.
In the long run this won’t be a problem for me. We’ll be pulling the batwing mower with the drawbar. Until I get the batwing rebuilt, I’m using a 6’ finish mower, hence my slight aggravation.
If other RK55 owners are experiencing silky smooth operation, please let us know, so that we can continue searching for a resolution.

/ RK55 3pt fine tune #22  
What you describe sounds like what's known as 1/4" valving.

I don't think I've saw any pics of the linkage system used to signal the Position Control??

I'm totally unfamiliar with the tractor in question so have no visual memories to go by.

How about a good pic of the 3pt lever setup?

/ RK55 3pt fine tune #23  
What you describe sounds like what's known as 1/4" valving.

I don't think I've saw any pics of the linkage system used to signal the Position Control??

I'm totally unfamiliar with the tractor in question so have no visual memories to go by.

How about a good pic of the 3pt lever setup?

The feedback linkage for the position control on these Korean compact tractors is located inside the 3 pt housing, so it's kinda hard to make adjustments.

The only linkage outside is for the draft control but it's usually a feature not installed for the US market.

/ RK55 3pt fine tune #24  
The feedback linkage for the position control on these Korean compact tractors is located inside the 3 pt housing, so it's kinda hard to make adjustments.

The only linkage outside is for the draft control but it's usually a feature not installed for the US market.

Bummer.

Most disturbing is the fact that two owners have now posted on this thread with similar problems.

I was hoping Brian Evans would chime in. But maybe he has moved on.

/ RK55 3pt fine tune #25  
I was hoping Brian Evans would chime in. But maybe he has moved on.
He once told me on a phone call that he would check-in/respond to TBN only every week or two. He answered a seat question a couple days ago, so he's around. If it's a pressing issue, he has invited direct email contact.

/ RK55 3pt fine tune #26  
Here are a few pictures

Attachments

• 20191124_144103.jpg
    20191124_144103.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 156
  • 20191124_144113.jpg
    20191124_144113.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 149
  • 20191124_144125.jpg
    20191124_144125.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 153
  • 20191124_144514.jpg
    20191124_144514.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 155
   / RK55 3pt fine tune #27  
Looks like you do have draft control.

I wonder if adjusting it, would help your issue in any way. Hopefully someone more familiar with draft control can help.

I've played with mine for a bit and actually adjusted the rod to get a bit more sensitivity out if it but I'm not sure if would help the position control.

/ RK55 3pt fine tune #29  
I do have draft control. I’ve read what it’s supposed to do but have never had a reason to use it. I did try moving it to different positions, but it didn’t seem to have any effect on the smoothness of the 3pt lift.

/ RK55 3pt fine tune #30  
I know what you’re saying about the reaching around to the knob, but I think that’s normal. It’s like that on my older John Deere as well.