3-Point Hitch RK55 3pt fine tune

/ RK55 3pt fine tune #31  
Here are a few pictures

Have you tried turning the draft control off??? Draft control lever as far forward as it will go. Draft controls just do not like working with some implements and it turns into a fight between the operator and draft control.

What is Draft Control? - YouTube

Last edited:
   / RK55 3pt fine tune #32  
I agree the draft control lever should be forward when using the Position Control.

It's apparent that you do have Position Control 3pt. It's also apparent that the control linkage is internal.

I think this problem needs to be addressed with the Dealer. You may find that it simply doesn't work any better than that. It should. But it may not due to it's internal design.

I'm still looking for an answer to this. Only way we are going to get an answer is if you guys pursue it back to the dealer.

Please post your findings when you do.

/ RK55 3pt fine tune
Draft control off (all the way forward). Just cannot "ease" it upward. It jumps 1 to 2 inches at a time. Gonna try to talk to the tractor guy at local RK.

/ RK55 3pt fine tune #34  
Disappointed that Brian Evans hasn't chimed in. He claims to be "the guy" for problems.

I'm very curious to hear the fix if we can find it. Sorry this problem exists.

/ RK55 3pt fine tune #35  
I tried to email him this morning and his email is “non deliverable”. I hope this isn’t a trend.

/ RK55 3pt fine tune #36  
It's been a trend since the beginning. I was hoping it was a change.

/ RK55 3pt fine tune
I know it's an older thread.
Still having this issue. I have tried different 3pt speed control setting. I did loosen the tension on the 3pt lever and WD-40 the pivot points. Both helped very little. I don't really think that there is any fixing this issue - upward movement of implement jumping 2 inches at a time.
I have used "green" tractors that are VERY smooth, but could not justify spending $4000+ more for a tractor.
Over time, I have gotten used to this "issue" and I am able to compensate more, to a point.

/ RK55 3pt fine tune #38  
Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear no change. Sounds like you are adjusting to it.

Still hoping other RK owners can chime in and offer some help.

/ RK55 3pt fine tune
RK tech called me yesterday. He is going to contact TYM to inquire about adjustments. He also said he will find time to get to my house and try adjusting a pressure valve.
Further updates when this all happens.

/ RK55 3pt fine tune #40  
That's good news. Please update us after he's been there. We'll keep our fingers crossed.