Grading Road Grading

/ Road Grading #1  

MtnViewRanch

Elite Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,
Well, while some of you are plowing snow, I graded our road that we share with 3 neighbors. I use the Road Boss Grader when the ground is a little damp so that the redistributed dirt packs better.;)

Attachments

• PC290003.JPG
    PC290003.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 913
  • PC290001.JPG
    PC290001.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 759
  • PC290002.JPG
    PC290002.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 743
  • PC290004.JPG
    PC290004.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 701
  • PC290005.JPG
    PC290005.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 655
  • PC290006.JPG
    PC290006.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 639
  • PC290007.JPG
    PC290007.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 744
   / Road Grading #2  
Nice pictures.

Curious, MVR, because it doesn't look like you're trying to elevate the road surface or build much of an appreciable crown.

Is water washing-out dirt/gravel roads not a big worry where you are at due to limited rainfall?

/ Road Grading
JoeinTX said:
Nice pictures.

Curious, MVR, because it doesn't look like you're trying to elevate the road surface or build much of an appreciable crown.

Is water washing-out dirt/gravel roads not a big worry where you are at due to limited rainfall?

The road has a very small crown and yes with only 14" of annual rain fall on a decomposed granite surface, wash outs are non existent. The main concern with our road is wash boarding.

/ Road Grading #5  
The Road Boss is a great piece of equipment. It is a little pricey but well worth the $.

/ Road Grading #6  
Impressive to say the least. I wish it would work on my road. Nice work.

Craig

/ Road Grading #7  
That sure is a nice job. It looks as though the material is packed nicely from the way your tractor is leaving minimal tire marks on the surface. At what speed do you and others drive a vehicle on this road?

Sincerely, Dirt

/ Road Grading
dirtworksequip said:
That sure is a nice job. It looks as though the material is packed nicely from the way your tractor is leaving minimal tire marks on the surface. At what speed do you and others drive a vehicle on this road?

Sincerely, Dirt
We drive 10-20 mph, depends on how much dust kicks up. The sheriff, (my next door neighbor) 15-40mph would be my guess.:( The next two neighbors will do as I do, 10-20mph would be my guess. When I am done grading the road, you could drive as fast as you want until the wash boarding started to show up again.

/ Road Grading
weldingisfun said:
The Road Boss is a great piece of equipment. It is a little pricey but well worth the $.

I think that the Road Boss is a tad to much $$$ also. I got lucky and was able to get mine from a local dealer that had bought a bunch of them over 10 years ago and gave me a great deal on mine. He just wanted to get rid of it.:cool:

/ Road Grading #10  
I was just curious as to how fast people drive since it is so smooth and straight. I would think that it would not wash board as fast or bad if everyone drove in and out at a slow speed. I think the faster people drive the harder it is on the road. What are your thoughts on that?

Sincerely, Dirt