Road Rage, revisited.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #71  
This is when in the middle lane following other cars at 10mph over limit.
Left lane open. Police almost always sit in the median, so right passers at 80-90mph think the police won't catch them.
Causes lots of accidents..only in NJ.
I hear you. Still illegal for the slower traffic to hold the center lane rather than move right. (In most places) cops should be pulling both over. A good lawyer could argue the accident was really caused by failure to yield.

See the same thing around here. In multi-lane traffic, slowest traffic often moves left. The right lanes move faster and with less congestion.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #72  
I spent some time in Germany and liked their highway traffic laws.
No passing on the right side of a car and you MUST move left if a car comes up behind you.
This prevents weaving and guessing that reduces wrecks due to fewer surprises while changing lanes.
That was years ago, maybe that has fallen apart by now as well.

It would not matter what laws are passed here in my state. Current laws have been ignored for years.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #73  
I think you better know what DA you have.
San Fran, LA, Philly??? Some of these DA’s wont prosecute a crime unless you get killed, and even then there’s no guarantee.
Road rage? They’ll probably arrest YOU for complaining too much.
SF DA recalled in city wide election… breaking news!

/ Road Rage, revisited. #74  
SF DA recalled in city wide election… breaking news!

You just have to wonder if the replacement will be any different?
Guess we better be careful of politics in the discussion!!!

/ Road Rage, revisited. #75  
You just have to wonder if the replacement will be any different?
Guess we better be careful of politics in the discussion!!!
Mayor appoints but ousted DA says he may run again.

It came down to safety and filth however individuals define.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #76  
Last Friday I was on 95 heading south to Portland when someone attempted to either 'merge' into me, or force me to 'merge' with the Nissan Leaf in the left lane; I don't know how I pulled off what I did. The wife and I were in my Ram half-ton, roughly around Yarmouth, when a lovely individual in 1 ton dump truck showed just how little understanding they have of road signs. Understand I would typically be in the left lane as I pass an entrance ramp; courtesy of course, but in this instance there was a nice, new, Nissan Leaf occupying that space. So, vehicle ahead of me, Leaf to my left, this driver of the year decides that 'yield' means 'merge' and that physics can be damned. He does not, at any point in time, slow down or make any attempt to not become one with me at a molecular level. It seems I can not speed up, I can't slow down enough to make a difference, and I can't just switch lanes.

Somehow the stars aligned and between my acceleration and presumably that Leaf realizing what was happening, I got ahead of that Leaf, and then went back to the right lane ahead of the vehicle that had been ahead of me so as to avoid the vehicle in front of the Leaf. It was absolutely ridiculous, and I don't know how I pulled that off. Anyhow, that dude in the white, one-ton, Ford dump truck can choke on one. 👍
Did that white pickup have a California plate? I had a relative who lived in California come to visit with me and we got into the discussion of yield when getting onto the interstates. He said that in California the yield sign applied to the folks on the interstate so that the folks in the on-ramp could get on the highway.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #77  
Here were I live, 99% of road rage is caused by idiots who pitch a tent and camp out in the passing lane. Not only is it illegal to do so, it's also extremely uncourteous to other people. Not everybody has an easy retired life where they can just putt around on the roads all day without a care.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Do we blame the guy who lost his temper and acted like a fool on the highway, or the inconsiderate *sshole who caused him to get angry to begin with?

/ Road Rage, revisited. #78  
Did that white pickup have a California plate? I had a relative who lived in California come to visit with me and we got into the discussion of yield when getting onto the interstates. He said that in California the yield sign applied to the folks on the interstate so that the folks in the on-ramp could get on the highway.

That is... insane, just absolutely insane lol. If the yield sign was for the highway traffic it would be... facing the highway traffic.

/ Road Rage, revisited.
Do we blame the guy who lost his temper and acted like a fool on the highway, or the inconsiderate *sshole who caused him to get angry to begin with?
I’ll take “both of the above” for the win, Alex.

As I stated in my original post; even though the guy was blocking a major highway on a blind hill, I didn’t HAVE to blow my horn at him. On the other hand, imagine how unglued he would have been if I’d had to re-enter the lane to avoid an oncoming car, and ripped his door off the hinges.

Last edited:
   / Road Rage, revisited. #80  
Actually in California, they gave up on the parallel parking part of the drivers test in favor of testing merging in to highways correctly a long time ago. Highway traffic has the right of way in California;

We are all human, but personally, I think that if the person is raging, it is on them, regardless of how they came to have a bad day. I guess that I am of the opinion that
"if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" applies, i.e. if you can't deal with the drivers in the road, you shouldn't be driving. Many semi drivers go millions of miles without at fault accidents.

All the best,

Peter