Road Rage, revisited.

/ Road Rage, revisited.
.as people pound on your car
And that's what started this thread. I still consider all of the possible outcomes and one is of me lying in a hospital bed had I stopped... another is that I try to defend myself and hit an innocent motorist or some kid playing at the bottom of the hill instead.
He was crazy enough to attack a moving vehicle... someone like that isn't going to be stopped easily.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #262  
And that's what started this thread. I still consider all of the possible outcomes and one is of me lying in a hospital bed had I stopped... another is that I try to defend myself and hit an innocent motorist or some kid playing at the bottom of the hill instead.
He was crazy enough to attack a moving vehicle... someone like that isn't going to be stopped easily.
FWIW, I think you made the right call. If there is an option to just move along, I think that's usually the best option.

In some areas, justifiable homicide requires that you are a "reluctant participant" in the general conflict. So if you get into a disagreement and things escalate, it can be tougher to defend. Even if your life was legitimately threatened at the moment, they can still question why you didn't disengage earlier.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #263  
The sideshow problem can easily be solved. Tell lawyahoos to take a hike,once weekly open race tracks to any and everything (pending official's inspection) everyone entering gate sign's waiver of liability.
In the 50s- 60s there were dragstrips open to anyone wanting to pull a car to the line. The three I most remember was Yellow Belly between Dallas and Ft Worth,The Circle North outskirt of Dallas and Caddo Mills between Dallas and Greenville. A pro caliber strip called Green Valley opened near Grapevine not far from present day DFW Airport,6 Flags,Ranger Stadium and hotbed of entertainments. It was at Green Valley I witnessed what might be considered racing history. The main event was to be a 5-in-a-row showdown between Factor Stock Chevy,Pontiac,Mopar,Studebaker and Ford. The Mopar entry was disqulified and a local amateur by the name of Gene Snow was recruited to fill the spot with his new Hemi Mopar. Snow cleaned their plow 3 out of 3 and went on to a career in pro racing. After a legendary racing career Snow left beneath a black cloud of shame.
Anyho,young people will let off steam so it's better done with some origination than on the street.

/ Road Rage, revisited.
After a legendary racing career Snow left beneath a black cloud of shame.
I had to look it up but, Yeah, he certainly did.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #265  
And if they cut you off during rush hour?
Or flicked your headlights .....

Woman shot in the face after flashing high beams at another driver in North Texas, police say

www.khou.com.ico
KHOU 11|12 hours ago
The victim told officers that she flashed her beams as a sign for the other driver to dim their lights. It's believed that someone in that other vehicle shot her.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #266  
The sideshow problem can easily be solved. Tell lawyahoos to take a hike,once weekly open race tracks to any and everything (pending official's inspection) everyone entering gate sign's waiver of liability.
In the 50s- 60s there were dragstrips open to anyone wanting to pull a car to the line. The three I most remember was Yellow Belly between Dallas and Ft Worth,The Circle North outskirt of Dallas and Caddo Mills between Dallas and Greenville. A pro caliber strip called Green Valley opened near Grapevine not far from present day DFW Airport,6 Flags,Ranger Stadium and hotbed of entertainments. It was at Green Valley I witnessed what might be considered racing history. The main event was to be a 5-in-a-row showdown between Factor Stock Chevy,Pontiac,Mopar,Studebaker and Ford. The Mopar entry was disqulified and a local amateur by the name of Gene Snow was recruited to fill the spot with his new Hemi Mopar. Snow cleaned their plow 3 out of 3 and went on to a career in pro racing. After a legendary racing career Snow left beneath a black cloud of shame.
Anyho,young people will let off steam so it's better done with some origination than on the street.
Tracks and drive-ins closed years ago...

Why seek out a track with rules when main street is your drag strip...

Most of the cars I see are late model high HP Chrysler products...with some mustangs and similar in the mix...

/ Road Rage, revisited. #267  
Cat and Mouse with the Internet getting the word out…

Seems what once was rather confined is spreading to other areas… not sure if other states also have sideshow activity?

ebd6e2fc0ded801af313d89438a8a358.jpg

/ Road Rage, revisited. #268  
Looks to me like a waste of expensive tires but then mommy and daddy probably bought them anyway.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #269  
No matter how you look at it, once you pull that trigger your life is going to change... and probably not for the better.
So the stakes had better be worth it.
Perfect statement.

As a concealed carry holder and a member of USCCA I've learned that if you need to defend yourself you better not have a means of escape and never start a fight and then end it with force.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #270  
Cat and Mouse with the Internet getting the word out…

Seems what once was rather confined is spreading to other areas… not sure if other states also have sideshow activity?

ebd6e2fc0ded801af313d89438a8a358.jpg
Yes. For the past 10 years+ when the bars close at 3:00am, and I had to go home at 3:30am, driving the main drag west out of town 20-30 cars at a time would pass me 4 wide, taking up both east and west bound lanes and the center turn lane traveling at 50-60 mph or higher in a 35 zone. There would be people hanging out the windows just like in that photo, yelling at each other. Sometimes they were happy and laughing. Other times they were shooting at each other.

Other times they’d take over a downtown gas station. 50-60 cars in the lot. Got to the point the police convinced the owner to shut down at those hours to dissuade congregation. Didn’t work. Many shootings. Our building had 7-8 bullet holes in the windows facing that gas station.

If you look at many main intersections, there are multiple donut marks, so I can only assume that people are doing donuts in the middle of the intersections.

It got to the point that I was actually safer driving through the side streets of the bad neighborhoods VS taking the main drag.

I do not miss that aspect of that job.