Road Runners

/ Road Runners #11  
My Plymouth roadrunner went "beep, beep" but I never heard any sound from the roadrunners we saw down in Navarro County, and even in Dallas county many years ago.
I was walking last month and I heard one for the first time. It kinda sounded like someone was trying to start a chainsaw that doesn't have any compression.

/ Road Runners #15  
Last year I saw one fly across the road in front of me. Until then, i thought they couldn't fly.

/ Road Runners #16  
I followed one on foot as it ran down a road. After awhile it thought i was to close so it flew off. So, yes they can fly, but the can also run fast.

/ Road Runners #17  
I doubt that many of our members remember those little cars.:laughing:

Unfortunately I do. And the song too. I have seen only a few roadrunners here and I never heard a word out of them.

/ Road Runners #18  
They can fly fairly well if they need/want to. But they can outrun most things and seem to prefer that mode. I guess that is why they call them road runners. :)

/ Road Runners #19  
I actually got to see one of those things when visiting a friend in Camp Verde, AZ. I saw more of the dust it created as it ran down the road than the bird.

They appear to be every bit as fast as they are in the cartoons. Those things and the huge cactus.

/ Road Runners
Out here in the desert road runners are very common. I see them every week. The beak on these things are vicious and they can kill rattlesnakes!