Road Runners

/ Road Runners #21  
Out here in the desert road runners are very common. I see them every week. The beak on these things are vicious and they can kill rattlesnakes!

Yes! I saw one once that was carrying a snake down the road in its mouth! That's fine in my book!

/ Road Runners #22  
I thought it was the little nash rambler that went "beep beep"?

I doubt that many of our members remember those little cars.:laughing:

Had a neighbor down the street when I was growing up who had a Nash Metropolitan. Neat little car.

When we were in high school (early '80s), my second cousin's dad bought him a '49 Nash Ambassador, figuring he'd get him a car he couldn't destroy. He was right. That thing was a tank.

/ Road Runners #24  
Lots of them south of the DFW Metroplex (Ellis and Johnson counties). They sure keep the snakes under control. And yes they do fly - we had one nest in a bois d誕rc tree and I got to watch the female fly up there during the fledglings first couple of weeks.

/ Road Runners #25  
I believe it was 1954 when we had a school teacher in Healdton, OK, that bought one of those Nash Metropolitans. And one day, several of the older boys picked it up and set it on the school grounds between two trees where it barely fit. Of course, the teacher had to get those boys to pick it up again to get it out of the there.:laughing:

/ Road Runners
In about 1970 I bought a Metro in Texas for $100. I transferred to CA and drove it for another 3 or 4 years and then sold it for $200. My greatest capital gain ever!

/ Road Runners #27  
I believe it was 1954 when we had a school teacher in Healdton, OK, that bought one of those Nash Metropolitans. And one day, several of the older boys picked it up and set it on the school grounds between two trees where it barely fit. Of course, the teacher had to get those boys to pick it up again to get it out of the there.:laughing:

That happened a lot. The thing I remember about the old Nash, is they had reclining seats; great for making out. I met one guy who sold the car, but kept the seats for his new car.