Rocking horse ride

/ Rocking horse ride #11  
Wood's Comfort Ride reduces tractor oscillations due to FEL loads and to a less extent implement loads.

LINK: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/390196-comfort-ride-new-product-w.html

Most larger tractors with FELs have a damper on the loader arms so that they don't get into that resonant "hobby horse" mode. I don't know why smaller tractors don't have the same damper. It sure would make washboard roads more pleasant. The problem isn't the loaded tires so much as it's a response to any slight wavyness in the road surface. The main driving force is the elasticity of the sidewalls of the tractor tires.

You can easily add an inexpensive damper system like the Long's comfort ride gadget to any tractor FEL. I have comfort ride on the backhoe and it is nice for driving any distance - regardless of the type of road.

BTW, you can play with the speed to try to stop the oscillation from starting, But once it starts rocking, changing speed could also make it suddenly worse. If my tractor without the comfort ride starts to hobby horse I usually just slow down abruptly until it stops and then continue at a slower speed.
rScotty

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2008 Utility Reefer Trailer 53' with Thermo King (A34007)
2008 Utility...
2007 Kenworth T800 T/A Sleeper Truck Tractor (A32932)
2007 Kenworth T800...
G&L SSH 3x4-8 Pump w/Baldor Electric Motor. (A33079)
G&L SSH 3x4-8 Pump...
John Deere 920 Hay Cutter (A33041)
John Deere 920 Hay...
Advance SW8000 Floor Sweeper (A32932)
Advance SW8000...
New EGN EG360T Skid Steer Loader (A34302)
New EGN EG360T...