Rockshaft issues

/ Rockshaft issues #1  

GreatWhitehunter

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
I had a failure of my 3pt today while harley raking a customers lot. I was traveling along about 2mph and encountered a large rock, I moved the rockshaft lever forward and nothing. So I turn to see what the problem is and the rake is still down. So I put the lever to the max position and nothing. Normally it would go into relief but I didn't hear anything. So I get the rake off and head to the shop. I pull off the power beyond filter to make sure it wasn't plugged. Well I find the center of the filter is gone. So now I'm thinking it broke off and is stuck at a quick connect fitting. So I pull off all of them in the power beyond. I wash the parts in my parts washer and find nothing. So I reassembly everything and same thing no lift. So I pulled the rockshaft control valve expecting to find the issue there. I find no obstructions, I figured the issue would be there for sure since I had this same screen break before and lodge itself in the valve. That caused the 3pt to fluctuate but the dealer replaced it under warranty. So now I don't know what to check next, I was thinking of pulling the speed control piston and see if the issues there. I really don't want to pay the dealer to fix it since I'm pretty sure I can fix it myself. I've looked at the parts drawing and it seems pretty straight forward.
One thing I did notice when I put the valve back in I didn't install the cover and turned the tractor on oil shot out the hole in the back of the valve. I'm thinking it shouldn't have since the cover that goes over it isn't gasketed so I don't think the cover should hold oil. Has anyone worked on the rockshaft before that may have any ideas? I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and get ther input. They're usually really good about offering tips an advice.

Matt;)

/ Rockshaft issues #2  
Is your hith mechanical or electo-hyd.? I am trying to find how to adjust the valve on a e-hyd.

And from my recent experience, avoid the dealer!