Roll Over Box Blade.

/ Roll Over Box Blade. #11  
I'm about to purchase a box blade. EA has a good video and I've researched the floating tailgate feature, don't think I need it.

I have seen people post about "rollover box blades". I tried the search function and came up with lots of stuff that is not related.

If anyone can post simple explanation about the different type of box blades, I'd certainly be appreciative.

These are the ones I know of:

Box Blade (scarifiers indivually and manually moved)
Floating (lockable) tailgate Box Blade
Rollover Box Blade

I am also aware of the hydraulically operated scarfiers. Think that would be the way to go if I made my living with a box blade but the cost is higher than I think would be advantageous to me in current situation.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
For a Box Blade, some manufacturers offer a High Back option.

Also available is a manual lever operated lift that moves all scarifiers at once.

Mine has both options and the lockable floating tailgate:

P6020020.JPG

P6040002.JPG

P2130011m.jpg

I would recommend the floating tailgate since it can be locked if not needed for a particular job :thumbsup:

/ Roll Over Box Blade. #12  
One minor disadvantage of the fixed rear blade is that you can't cut in a concave situation, like a hillside you want to dig into, or the back end of a cut. It just rides on the rear blade.

As in the dark red line:

View attachment 553705

Bruce
With the hydraulic top and tilt kit you can make adjustments on the fly.

/ Roll Over Box Blade. #13  
I have a Bush Hog 720. 72" - ROBB. I don't really use it that much. In stead - I use either my Rhino 950 rear blade or my Land Pride LPGS w/scarifiers. Just a matter of choice.........

/ Roll Over Box Blade. #14  
I would think that the concave situation would be resolved by using the fixed box blade in reverse. Never had an issue with my fixed BB, but I don't spend all day using it, have no top-n-tilt, no hydraulic rippers etc. I just adjust it and go and in 99% of the time, that has worked just fine. I will say that some sort of tool-less ripper adjustment is nice. I didn't see any ROBB around when I got my tractor so I never thought of what/where/when I'd want one or the other.