Rollover Plow

/ Rollover Plow #1  

bsekf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7030, Long Landtrac 4700
I keep thinking I need a rollover plow. Maybe a 2x16 or 2x18. Anybody got a "fence row queen"?

/ Rollover Plow #2  
bsekf - JMHO here but maybe one of the reasons there has been no response. Nobody is familiar with exactly what type of implement you are talking about.

I've never seen or heard of a true roll over plow for a smaller tractor. The real roll over plows usually range from ten bottom - up to 16 to 20 bottom plows. They are pulled by tractors ranging from 350 Hp and up.

A better description could be helpful.

/ Rollover Plow #3  
I would guess he is referring to a standard mold board plow since he is specifying a size but could also asking about a disc plow

/ Rollover Plow #4  
I would guess he is referring to a standard mold board plow since he is specifying a size but could also asking about a disc plow
A rollover plow would have a double set of plows in a given size. one set cuts left, one set cuts right. When you get to the end of the row, you rollover the plows minimizing the turns at the end. We have a 4-16 and in this clay soil a 125hp tractor wont pull it, the 200 hp Case will
Not ours borrowed a pic from tractorhouse
1682086031153.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Rollover Plow #5  
Deere made a pull type dual direction 2-14 or 2-16 plow 50 or more years ago. You plowed with right tire in furrow going one direction did a big tear drop turn which slid the plow hitch over and then plowed back with left tire in the furrow. No clue on model though

/ Rollover Plow #6  
I've got an old Oliver 2 bottom rollover mouldboard type. It's been a while since I measured but I believe the plows are 20" long each. It's quite heavy and a previous owner put hardfacing on the edges. Takes a hydraulic cylinder to flip.
It looks like the 2 bottom version of the one in the pic with no auxiliary wheel provision. I don't get the impression it's compact tractor friendly from a weight and power requirement standpoint

1682133547251.png

/ Rollover Plow #7  
I dont know much about it but in my few years of looking at all the tractor stuff on the internet ive never seen anything like that for a compact. I suspect one would have to build their own.

So to make sure i understand the potential reason for doing so.. the advantage is less driving between passes, basically? Because you can just turn around and start again the other direction?

/ Rollover Plow #8  
So to make sure i understand the potential reason for doing so.. the advantage is less driving between passes, basically? Because you can just turn around and start again the other direction?
Yes, you can plow both ways/trips across the field and still have your rollover spoil turn the same direction every furrow

/ Rollover Plow #9  
To the OP, the 3 bottoms are much more common. You may be able to get a smaller one and remove the rear plowheads as an option

/ Rollover Plow #10  
I still think he was referring to a mold board plow, his location in WNY i don't think will have many if any rollover plows. If I am wrong then I am wrong. My understanding is rollover plows are more of western implement due to size and weight.

But if you will notice there has been no reply from him since he asked the question.