Roofing Question - Re-Roofing my Home

/ Roofing Question - Re-Roofing my Home
Guys thanks for the replies - I guess I am trying to decide if I should put the fiberboard back put up or just treat the T&G as my roof deck and shingles over it. I can't see that the 1.3R insulation factor is getting me anywhere?

/ Roofing Question - Re-Roofing my Home #12  
The R value may not be a lot of help but bound not to. Hurt either. I would also think that the shingles being attached to a firm surface would resist hail damage better than being on a flexible surface.

/ Roofing Question - Re-Roofing my Home #13  
When you say framed it in did you mean you installed ceiling joist and made it a conventional flat ceiling or dry walled on the bottom of the rafters at the angle of the roof ? Do you know the pitch of the roof? Example 6 to 12 or 16 to 12 rise per foot of half the width of the building , with this question I am thinking snow load because you are in Michigan, Shingles weigh 210 pounds per square <10 foot x 10 foot> times two layers =420 pounds now and adding another layer = 630 pounds per square, most insurance company's in my state of Indiana demand a strip off instead of three layers.

/ Roofing Question - Re-Roofing my Home #14  
Shingle manufactures will not warrant 3 layers. As others have said tear OFF dry in with felt or synthetic then install your shingles , the ridge and install ridge vent and then comeback and make your your sofit vent is adequate. Ventilation of the roof deck is paramount to the life of the shingles. as far as manufactures go any of the big 4 will do GAF, TAmko, CertainTeed, Owens corning and atlas scotch guard are pretty good, Stay away from IKO. If you want a warranty explanation on any of them let me know. personally I prefer TAMKO, Great product , great service and IMO the best warranty.