ROPS modification

/ ROPS modification #31  
So there are no brackets welded on OEM ROPS for mounting points, lights, hinges, etc.?

/ ROPS modification #32  
After the original owner sells the machine... they are entirely out of the picture...

For a person to do what you suggest after signing a waiver acknowledging safety equipment modifications they are not only liable they are stupid...!
That is if you can find the the person who signed the waiver. They are a shadow buyer and resell quickly on the sly. The original owner who mod'ed the ROPS or removed them may have a signed waiver, but not from the new 3rd owner as the 2nd sly owner shadowed away. The sly shadow owner could careless what they signed under a false name and false phone ID.

A waiver is null and void if signed under false pretenses with a false name and ID.

If anyone goes to sell something of great value, having proper ID of the buyer and proof of residence is a huge help.

/ ROPS modification #33  
So there are no brackets welded on OEM ROPS for mounting points, lights, hinges, etc.?
There are various clamp on brackets.

1669600884351.png

1669600910641.png

1669600951944.png

1669601020283.png

1669601058930.png

1669601117539.png

/ ROPS modification #34  
Bear in mind that a design consideration of a ROPS will be head strike. Avoid attaching anything (including by bolting) which introduces any feature which you would not want to hit your head on (sharp corners on brackets). I'm not saying not to bolt stuff on, just think about your head hitting it. I've hit my head on my (factory original) ROPS on my excavator a few times when I have bounced it, even with the seatbelt on, and it can hurt! Happily, nothing sharp there! Consider padding if in doubt.

/ ROPS modification #35  
That is if you can find the the person who signed the waiver. They are a shadow buyer and resell quickly on the sly. The original owner who mod'ed the ROPS or removed them may have a signed waiver, but not from the new 3rd owner as the 2nd sly owner shadowed away. The sly shadow owner could careless what they signed under a false name and false phone ID.

A waiver is null and void if signed under false pretenses with a false name and ID.

If anyone goes to sell something of great value, having proper ID of the buyer and proof of residence is a huge help.
Besides the waiver all the first party needs is a bill of sale and they are out of the picture...this is why it is always best for both parties to have signed bills of sale...!

/ ROPS modification #36  
Bear in mind that a design consideration of a ROPS will be head strike. Avoid attaching anything (including by bolting) which introduces any feature which you would not want to hit your head on (sharp corners on brackets). I'm not saying not to bolt stuff on, just think about your head hitting it. I've hit my head on my (factory original) ROPS on my excavator a few times when I have bounced it, even with the seatbelt on, and it can hurt! Happily, nothing sharp there! Consider padding if in doubt.
Maybe the ROPS can be covered with pool noodles as a cushion. ;)

/ ROPS modification #37  
If your clamping metal plates to your
ropes get your grease gun this should
stop the rust problem.

willy

/ ROPS modification #38  
I don't know why people are automatically assuming there is no temper to the metal used on a ROPS. Most of the steel used on automobiles is tempered today, so don't bet on it.

As far as factory welding and hole drilling goes, it's simple. The ROPS was tested, and certified in that configuration. So, it's known that those things do not cause issues. Yes, you can argue a hole drilled in a particular place, or a small weld will have no affect on the integrity. And, it's likely that it won't. However, for legal purposes, you have to re-certify it to prove that. Which is not practical.

/ ROPS modification #39  
After the original owner sells the machine... they are entirely out of the picture...

For a person to do what you suggest after signing a waiver acknowledging safety equipment modifications they are not only liable they are stupid...!
Not correct.