ROPS Mounted Tool Box?

/ ROPS Mounted Tool Box? #11  
Hi,

I am looking for an ROPS mounted tool box for my MF GC1725M.

I have found one at www(dot)bxpanded(dot)com(slash)ROPS-tool-box (sorry, won't let me post a link)

I'm not sure if this will work on my tractor or not or if it will, which configuration to get. I can't put it on my right because I'm pretty sure that will interfere with fueling. I can't put it behind me because that will interfere with my operation of my rear mounted snow blower. So pretty sure it needs to be on my left.

Maybe I'm a little slow, but I do not fully comprehend their configuration diagram. I'm guessing that I need configuration B.

I also cannot tell by looking at the information I can find if it will interfere with my PTO controls (on the left) or if my left arm rest will be a problem. I don't want to order the wrong one, or find out that I just can't use it at all.

Wondering if anyone has any experiences mounting one of these on a MF 1700 series tractor or if anyone can give me any advice before I spend the money.

Thanks for looking,

~JH

Older thread, but I went with configure “A”. Mounted it on the left side above the 3 point controls. 19’ GC1723eb.

/ ROPS Mounted Tool Box? #12  
I used a couple milk crates. I use them to hold my chainsaw wedges, sharpeners and bar oil and other misc. things.

rb1Mo90.jpg

h5yiWvJ.jpg

pW2xgdH.jpg

/ ROPS Mounted Tool Box?
Older thread, but I went with configure 驗*? Mounted it on the left side above the 3 point controls. 19 GC1723eb.

I don't remember what configuration I got at but you can see it here. It's ln the left and the outside of the ROPS, It sits to the left of the PTO controls, it's working out nicely. Not very large but big enough to hold what I'm likely to use. I modified mine by putting a piece of egg crate foam on the bottom to cut down on the rattle of tools.

side.jpg

/ ROPS Mounted Tool Box? #14  
So I guess the cup holder is not a winner for you hube2?
Mine is on the FEL supports. But catches quite a few trees in the woods. the location you picked seems like it would alleviate that issue.

/ ROPS Mounted Tool Box?
So I guess the cup holder is not a winner for you hube2?
Mine is on the FEL supports. But catches quite a few trees in the woods. the location you picked seems like it would alleviate that issue.

Actually, I can still get my cup into the holder, need to tilt it a bit, but I tested that when I was mounting it. :thumbsup:

I put it there because it inside the area covered by the warning triangle and did not reduce the width I was already working with.

But it's not real important in the winter because I'm too **** busy doing other things when I'm moving snow. I'd actually need to stop working and take the time to drink my coffee, which I generally forget to do. I really got the tool box for winter work anyway, shear pins for the blower, tools for adjusting skid shows, and a putty knife to dig snow out of the blower and chain before I put it away.

I can always raise it up a couple of inches more if it gets to be a problem in the summer since mowing is when I'd actually use the cup holder.