ROPS Safety Video

/ ROPS Safety Video #1  

MasseyWV

Elite Member
Tractor
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBkGBOFtRc]Three crushed in tractor rollovers - YouTube[/ame]

/ ROPS Safety Video #3  
I do agree ROPS are a good thing BUT.
I like the statistics, one thing they fail to mention though is the operator statistic. I don't care if they're in a huge bubble if the operator fails to keep control something bad is going to happen. NO ONE is perfect but no amount of safety device is going to save a bad judgement made by the operator. IMHO sometimes all this safety stuff just makes _____ feel invincible and makes him/her more careless to what is going on around them.

/ ROPS Safety Video #4  
I agree 20 20, but I think they are trying to make a point without the operator stats. keep it simple and clean that would apply to all.

/ ROPS Safety Video #5  
20-20, I disagree with your statement:
NO ONE is perfect but no amount of safety device is going to save a bad judgement made by the operator

No safety device can prevent an operator from using bad judgement, or being complacent...but it's very possible that safety device will save him from death or injury if he does use bad judgement.

One fairly typical example of bad judgement...and I see it in a lot of pictures posted on TBN...is operating the tractor with the folding ROPS collapsed...what good is that?

Good video, MasseyWV...thank you for posting!

/ ROPS Safety Video #6  
I agree Roy. You could send someone to every safty school in the world and that doesnt mean he will use good judgement in the real world. When a tractor comes into my shop I have to write on his work order if he has ROPS or not and then get him to sign it and then offer it to put ROPS on if he doesnt have them just to cover ourselves.

/ ROPS Safety Video #7  
In North Carolina, if you belong to the North Carolina Farm Bureau, there is an incentive program in regards to ROPS. They offer $500.00 toward the installation of a factory retro-fitted and dealer installed ROPS and seat belts on farm tractors owned by NCFB members. The only requirement is that there is not a ROPS installed already on the tractor at the time of purchase. This incentive is limited to one installation per member. After having the ROPS and seat belts installed and meeting all criteria, you fill out a form signed by both you and the dealer, and you will receive a check up to $500.00.

/ ROPS Safety Video #8  
I agree Roy but have to ask how many feel invincible just in cars alone. They'll say "well its got air bags warning lights heck it can even park itself". Like I wrote it's great that we have these devices but just as you wrote what happens when we ignore the device{fold down the ROPS} and still feel completely in control? I have nothing against the video and think it's great that it's out there, now if we could just invent the common sense brain smacker device :D

/ ROPS Safety Video #9  
This was really worth watching, I don't know about anyone else, but went I get to a point of being skiddish IE bone tinglie, I just don't do it. over the yrs. I realize It really hurts more. I'm not that indestructable 20 yr. old anymore.
david