rotary cutter size & recommendation for 4047, will 7' work?

/ rotary cutter size & recommendation for 4047, will 7' work? #11  
I've got a Brush hog BH 27 7' with chain guards and single tail wheel they are very long. If you have a lot of obstacles to more around get the single tail wheel even though it's longer. I think TripleR gave me this advice and I'm glad I did or I would have destroyed one or both arms of a dual wheel. And if your looking at a medium or heavy duty heavy. 1300 lbs and up they brush hog recommends a 55 pto hp and up for this series. If your mowing only field grass you might be alright start running over any 3" brush and you'll probably stall out I've. 6-7 foot adds $1000 to the price of new implements on the landpride, bh, woods. Light to medium duty also adds close to $1000.
You'd probably be happier with a 6 foot if you want the medium duty especially if mowing anything other than grass or light brush.
ForumRunner_20140222_235734.jpg

/ rotary cutter size & recommendation for 4047, will 7' work? #13  
I've got a Brush hog BH 27 7' with chain guards and single tail wheel they are very long. If you have a lot of obstacles to more around get the single tail wheel even though it's longer. I think TripleR gave me this advice and I'm glad I did or I would have destroyed one or both arms of a dual wheel. And if your looking at a medium or heavy duty heavy. 1300 lbs and up they brush hog recommends a 55 pto hp and up for this series. If your mowing only field grass you might be alright start running over any 3" brush and you'll probably stall out I've. 6-7 foot adds $1000 to the price of new implements on the landpride, bh, woods. Light to medium duty also adds close to $1000.
You'd probably be happier with a 6 foot if you want the medium duty especially if mowing anything other than grass or light brush.
View attachment 362117

Yeah, I think a 7' single spindle is longer than an 8' dual spindle!!! My 10' dual spindle has 4 wheels. I gotta be very careful to keep them out of things when turning or backing into areas.

I'll bet your 8540 plays with the 7'.

Great photo too Dave. I always remove my FEL when doing any cutting. Hard enough for me to keep track of tail wheels without worrying about running the FEL into stuff.

/ rotary cutter size & recommendation for 4047, will 7' work? #14  
Yeah, I think a 7' single spindle is longer than an 8' dual spindle!!! My 10' dual spindle has 4 wheels. I gotta be very careful to keep them out of things when turning or backing into areas.

I'll bet your 8540 plays with the 7'.

Great photo too Dave. I always remove my FEL when doing any cutting. Hard enough for me to keep track of tail wheels without worrying about running the FEL into stuff.

Thanks Richard,
Taking the FEL off for me is a must as well If that Brush hog was any heavier i would definitely have to have weights for the front. I would have bought a Dual spindle but 8' is to wide for most of my paths used ones were more abundant that the 7 footers in this area. seems like everyone either gets a a 6 foot or moves up to an 8 or 10 footer