Rotary Tiller J2030

/ Rotary Tiller J2030 #11  
Just an update, I adjusted the skids on the tiller to their middle position. This raised the tines up from their deepest setting it was previously set on. This had a huge improving effect on power. This setting still tilled up about 4" deep and didn't seem to lug the engine at all.

If that was virgin ground, drop the skids and make another pass. You will love the results.

/ Rotary Tiller J2030
I tilled up about an acre of plowed ground and it cut it like butter. Im glad I went with the 5'. Now Im able to use it on my 4600 as well. I didn't shortened the shaft though. That would of made it to short for it. Thanks for your advice.
Jack

/ Rotary Tiller J2030 #13  
Glad I could help. I actually have a 4ft brush hog from my previous tractor that I use on the LS and I really wish I had a 5ft instead. These tractors can easily handle the 5ft implements.

/ Rotary Tiller J2030 #14  
I realize this is an old thread, but I didnt find much info searching on here for a tiller. I had borrowed a 5ft tiller for my J2030h and it seemed to do ok, but I did break one of my 3pnt adjustable links. Im guessing it didnt like me turning with it down. I replaced with chain, so those little turn buckle links are no longer a concern. However I spoke with an LS dealer today and he said 4ft is what is recommended. My tractor is 27hp, but the pto is only 20.5hp. Im wondering if the extra work on the tractor is worth the extra 1ft per pass.

/ Rotary Tiller J2030 #15  
I realize this is an old thread, but I didnt find much info searching on here for a tiller. I had borrowed a 5ft tiller for my J2030h and it seemed to do ok, but I did break one of my 3pnt adjustable links. Im guessing it didnt like me turning with it down. I replaced with chain, so those little turn buckle links are no longer a concern. However I spoke with an LS dealer today and he said 4ft is what is recommended. My tractor is 27hp, but the pto is only 20.5hp. Im wondering if the extra work on the tractor is worth the extra 1ft per pass.

Definitely not a good thing to turn with a ground engaging implement still in the ground. Something has to give somewhere.

I used a 5ft with my J2023 and it worked just fine.

/ Rotary Tiller J2030 #16  
Definitely not a good thing to turn with a ground engaging implement still in the ground. Something has to give somewhere.

I used a 5ft with my J2023 and it worked just fine.
thanks, I bought a 4ft and it works good. I had times it was bogging down the machine, so probably best I didnt go with the bigger one. Really depends on the ground and weed/roots. I tilled a fresh cut field, so had to go pretty slow and lots of debris. In the future I think a glysophate spraying a few weeks in advance would have better results.