Rotella T4 vs T6

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #52  
Locally after a two week search some T6 finally showed up nd it was the local Walmart.

I bought an extra gallon just in case.

IIRC it was about $24 a gallon.
Funny, I was having the other issue. My Walmart was not stocking 2.5gallon T4. I wasn't going to pay the extra$ for the 1 gallon jugs. Finally got some at Tractor Supply Corp. Tried for 2 months, whenever traveled that way.. . Walmart could not tell me when they were getting delivery. Frustrating, they had plenty of pricey T6.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #53  
Funny, I was having the other issue. My Walmart was not stocking 2.5gallon T4. I wasn't going to pay the extra$ for the 1 gallon jugs. Finally got some at Tractor Supply Corp. Tried for 2 months, whenever traveled that way.. . Walmart could not tell me when they were getting delivery. Frustrating, they had plenty of pricey T6.
Yeah, still no 2.5 gallon T6 5w-40 around here no 5 gallon buckets either.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #54  
Correct spelling is DEMORATS!

I read someplace that T6 and Valvoline is the
same as T6 and when I need oil again I will
be purchasing the Valvoline and forget the T6.

willy
It’s not the same product, but Valvoline synthetic is very good oil, and endorsed by Cummins. It may in fact be superior to T6.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #55  
No matter what lubricant I use, gearbox, crankcase or final drive, it always gets an addition of AR6100. Buy the stuff by the gallon. Don't take much either.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #56  
Funny, I was having the other issue. My Walmart was not stocking 2.5gallon T4. I wasn't going to pay the extra$ for the 1 gallon jugs. Frustrating, they had plenty of pricey T6.
That's interesting. Wonder if location has something to do with it. For the past 3 years or so I've been buying T4 in gallon jugs at Walmart (still by far the cheapest place around) because when I did the math, buying T4 in 2.5 gallon jugs or even the 5 gallon pails, buying by the gallon was up to a dollar a gallon cheaper.

Haven't seen any T6 at Walmart in over a year. They get a shipment of T4 every couple months or so and within a couple days it is all gone.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #57  
I did the math, buying T4 in 2.5 gallon jugs or even the 5 gallon pails, buying by the gallon was up to a dollar a gallon cheaper
So many people dont do the math and think buying a big container means cheaper. I only generaly buy 1gal jugs just like you because I found it to be cheaper. I have bought a few 2.5gal jugs or 5gal jugs when theres a good rebate and that's all that's available localy.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #58  
So many people dont do the math and think buying a big container means cheaper. I only generaly buy 1gal jugs just like you because I found it to be cheaper. I have bought a few 2.5gal jugs or 5gal jugs when theres a good rebate and that's all that's available localy.
That goes without saying. Not that hard, just basic math.

I agree Walmart was selling one gallon containers of T-6 cheaper than in the 2.5 gallon size.

But right now the only containers I have seen here were the 1 gallon ones and only at Walmart.

Oreilly's, Autozone, North 40, No T6 5w-40 in any size.

Sure miss the BIG rebate deals they were doing a few years back...

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #60  
Everytime I did the math...price per gallon exact same.

$59.99 for 2.5 gal and $23.99 for 1 gallon