Rotella T4 vs T6

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #61  
I just paid $360 for 8-1 gal and a 2.5 gal t6. Sounds lik a lot but the crap is hit or miss around here and if i find it I buy it all out.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #62  
I just paid $360 for 8-1 gal and a 2.5 gal t6. Sounds lik a lot but the crap is hit or miss around here and if i find it I buy it all out.
Iwas at a local Sam's club and found a shelf full of 5/40 T6 in 3 gallon cases for $75.00--- $25. a gallon; didn't buy any as have 8 gallons on the shelf at home. Tractor holds less then 2 gallons at oil change

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #63  
T6 finally lost it's cult status for me a few yrs back due to it's supply status. Delvac 5/40 imho is equally good & i don't stress or hoard when i hear of T6's sporadic availability.
motor oil is similar to religion, i just changed my denomination & am well satified with the friendlier access...

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #64  
   / Rotella T4 vs T6 #65  
Could be. I look at the API and JASO ratings on the jugs more than anything else. I like using JASO MA oil actually.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #66  
me too about the Jaso MA it works well with the clutch on my honda foreman so I use it in everything except cars that take 0w-20. but be careful, the 0w-40 is not Jaso MA

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #67  
Could be. I look at the API and JASO ratings on the jugs more than anything else. I like using JASO MA oil actually.
I should change my comment from 'I like' to works well for me and according to Blackstone who does my oil analysis, it's working well as well. My TBN is always well within range when renewing the oil.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #68  
I get my 15w40 t4 at the farm store 14.50 a gallon in 5 gal bucket

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #69  
For years I used T6 for my truck and tractors. When T6 got to be scarce, and then expensive, I switched to Valvoline synthetic 5W-40. Cummins endorses and recommends it, and it’s the only oil sold at our local Cummins shop, so I’m sure it’s good oil. I’m not going to drive everywhere looking for T6 or pay exorbitant prices when the Valvoline synthetic is just as good or better. And easier to find.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #70  
jyoutz I read that T6 and the Valvoline are
the one and same in quality and when I
run out of T6 will differently be using Valvoline
Running around looking for T6 is a waste
time and money!

willy
time and money!