RTV 1100 Transmission problem

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #21  
The dealer called to pick up the RTV 1100. Then called again 30 mins later to not pick it up because the Tech tested it before coming out and found the same problem. So after 800 dollars we are back to square one

Maybe it is the clutch packs like the other site talked about?

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #22  
I wouldn't pay for missed diagnosis, only pay for labor and parts that fix the problem.

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #23  
I wouldn't pay for missed diagnosis, only pay for labor and parts that fix the problem.

Yep...otherwise people pay for what?

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem
Agree I should not have to pay for the missed diagnosis.

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #25  
It sucks, but that is not realistic in this day and age. Things are just too complicated, change too quickly and besides, the dealers/mechanics didn't engineer or design the thing. Someone has to pay for their time and overhead.

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #26  
It sucks, but that is not realistic in this day and age. Things are just too complicated, change too quickly and besides, the dealers/mechanics didn't engineer or design the thing. Someone has to pay for their time and overhead.

To a certain extent yes but why should he be paying for their incompetence? Things are complicated but if you do not have trained people with the knowledge to repair the machine you should not accept the work.

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #27  
This where I have problem with Kubota, the service shops don't really seem up to the task. They should have a traveling expert to assist. Like Ford does with my GT350 engine, You wait till factory guy shows up, they don't let the dealers open the engine.

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #28  
Shops should have a library to hold the service bulletins that assist the mechanics. I'm thinking there would be a bulletin that explains this issue and repair. Does this dealership even keep the bulletins and put them where all the personnel can read them? Does Kubota have a service rep for the area? Were they called? Are they competent? The OP is paying the shop to diagnose a problem correctly and repair it. He shouldn't pay the entire bill for the mechanic to try experiments on his RTV.

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #29  
People just have never seen the inner workings of a dealership. One guy who is long gone had "factory" training on some particular piece of equipment, and now they advertise "factory trained techs". It's crazy to think that every tech is trained on every component of every model they deal with. So mostly, a dealership has more resources than the average guy but they just muddle their way through a lot of repairs.

I have had car dealerships unable to tell me where my fuel filter was on a fairly new p/u truck and once even a Buick dealer didn't know where the battery was located (under the seat). So if you think they know more complex stuff, I think your're kidding yourself.

I have never charged my customers to learn while I fix their stuff unless it's been agreed upon.

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #30  
We are "armchair quarterbacking". We have no idea what was specifically spoken between the owner of the RTV and the Dealership.

This is a tough situation.

Hopefully it'll work out.