RTV Brake lights

/ RTV Brake lights #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
Does a Kubota RTV have brake lights?

/ RTV Brake lights #2  
I dont think so. There is an option for adding Hazzard/turn signals including rear "brake" lights mounted to the bed, but no brake light option per se. At least I couldnt find the parts for it on the fiche I looked at.

Doh!

Found it on another fiche.

PN for the micro switch that activates the brake is K756162250 assuming that is what youre after. Not the same style as what appears to be for the L though.

Last edited:
   / RTV Brake lights #3  
Mine does.

They are about worthless though.

/ RTV Brake lights #5  
My 2006 RTV 900 has brake lights.IMHO they are bright enough.

/ RTV Brake lights #6  
My 2008 RTV 500 has them, turn signals are optional.

/ RTV Brake lights #7  
Let me clarify, I think the lights are bright enough. Due to the nature of the HST and how it works the brakes simply don't get used on the road when you would need brake lights to indicate slowing down. That is why I say they are worthless.

/ RTV Brake lights #8  
Let me clarify, I think the lights are bright enough. Due to the nature of the HST and how it works the brakes simply don't get used on the road when you would need brake lights to indicate slowing down. That is why I say they are worthless.

Ditto! Mine is a little over a week old, and I haven't needed the brakes yet. I did try them after unloading to see if it did come with brake lights(which it did). However you would have to purposely use them and not rely on the engine braking for them to be useful, which I don't.

/ RTV Brake lights #9  
About the only time I touch the brakes is if I am stopped on a hill. The HST braking works well enough to stop the machine even if I am towing a trailer, so well that you better be wearing the seatbelt if someone that's never driven the thing is driving it. I would be surprised if I have used more than 5% of the braking material after ~1300 hours and 7 years of use.

The brake lights certainly work but they might as well not be there. If they triggered based on the braking in the HST somehow, they would be a lot more useful.