RTV - X1100C

/ RTV - X1100C #191  
I got the same plow on my orange 1100C, delivered 3 weeks ago. I only waited 5 months. The guy in front of me waited 12+ months for his camo 1100C.

So far I don't see a need for the chains, but I will be using the tractor/snowblower for major storms.

/ RTV - X1100C #192  
It only took two years for my RTV-X1100C too finally arrived here this week, now I need to get some tire chains for the rears, any recommendations?
You will love the Boss Plow - I've been using the VXT for 8 years now - fantastic design and function. I love the worksite tires and they give plenty of traction in most situations. I do put a set of chains on the rear tires when the road gets icy. I have been using basic H-style chains with the extra bars. I plow 1.50 miles of dirt road and there are several good steep hills. Never been stuck!

/ RTV - X1100C #193  
I use these on the rears only.
Don't remember paying that much.
BTW, I have the standard worksite tires.

The studs are decent on ice and the X-tread bites well. I think whether or not you need chains comes down to your personal circumstances. My driveway is a steep uphill grade from my garage to the road. Meaning my first pass is uphill. If I can get up the hill pushing snow in vee-mode and break through the town plow berm at the top, all is easy from there.

/ RTV - X1100C #194  
Next week is the Farm Progress sho in Decatur, ill. Kubota always has a big presence there and a large display. Last show, there were several of us beating up on the reps for too low hp, slow speed, and lack of product. From what I’ve seen, nothing has changed. Hey, at least update the headlights!

I hear the argument that >25hp requires DEF. So if that is the case, why are there so many other diesel machines out there that do not have DEF? For example diesel zero turn mowers, skid steers, and tractors?

I hope that there are updates, however more than likely, the only change will be a price increase.

By the way, Polaris has a new work machine with reasonable capacity, 110 hp, and a cab, but you better have 50k + ready to go.

/ RTV - X1100C #195  
Next week is the Farm Progress sho in Decatur, ill. Kubota always has a big presence there and a large display. Last show, there were several of us beating up on the reps for too low hp, slow speed, and lack of product. From what I’ve seen, nothing has changed. Hey, at least update the headlights!

I hear the argument that >25hp requires DEF. So if that is the case, why are there so many other diesel machines out there that do not have DEF? For example diesel zero turn mowers, skid steers, and tractors?

I hope that there are updates, however more than likely, the only change will be a price increase.

By the way, Polaris has a new work machine with reasonable capacity, 110 hp, and a cab, but you better have 50k + ready to go.
The RTV X1100c is 24.8 hp.....so no problems the majority of us owners are quite happy with its hp and its capabilities. On a different note I see yours is an RTV 900 vs the rtv x1100c , and I see you posted on a different thread about sound deadining products..... I put carpet under the seats of my enclosed cab rtvx1100c to cover gaps sound could get thru like under tool trays etc. and on inside of doors and areas on floor that I figured would reverberate somewhat. I will look for pic...hard to rove if it reduced sound , but I think it did somewhat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230822-101426_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230822-101426_Drive.jpg
    623.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
   / RTV - X1100C #196  
I had a good meeting with a Kubota factory rep who in on the RTV team. We ended up having a constructive meeting for nearly two and a half hours! He cited the Japanese methodology as to why things move so slow. However, they hired someone from Polaris to breathe new life onto the design team.

He confirmed the >25hp rule requires DEF. The transmission can handle 30, and reading between the lines, they have some machines with a 35hp engine on it. Factory turbo is still on the table. If a DEF system was used, it would require an overhaul of the electrical system as a computer is needed to manage the process.

He said to be patient. New models are forthcoming. "watch the website, Should be about a month for the first one" he said. "I think that some of your concerns will be addressed"

Bob

/ RTV - X1100C #198  
When I talked to Kubota Canada begging them for at least 30 MPH they said it will never happen and if I need that speed by a Sidekick.

They told me the diesel RTV will stay limited to 25 MPH because that is the cutoff point that keeps it qualified as an off road vehicle that only requires an SMV tri-angle and no license or insurance for on road use.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / RTV - X1100C #199  
Just had my RTV-x1100c delivered on friday. As of last night, we had put 146 miles on it. Loving it, so far.
IMG_9491.jpeg