RTV - X1100C

/ RTV - X1100C #71  
The shifting will get a little better over time, but it's very important that the HST pressure release valve actuates properly when you push on the brake pedal. It releases pressure from the HST to take load off the gears so you can shift. I had to adjust mine once or twice to get it right. The adjustment procedure is given in the owner's manual. At least in the 2015 owner's manual, the instructions were a bit confusing with a few mistakes. But if you look at the mechanism, it will be obvious how it should work.

/ RTV - X1100C
I did some plowing today, first I did the driveway and then a bunch of walking trails around the house.

Picture 1429 is me stopping to grab some CD's from my truck just before heading down to plow the neighbor's driveway,1428 is the lower part of the driveway, 1430 & 31 are some of the trails I plowed and the last two are some deer resting under some white pines.

Attachments

• 104_1428.JPG
    104_1428.JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 104_1429.JPG
    104_1429.JPG
    373.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 104_1430.JPG
    104_1430.JPG
    441.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 104_1431.JPG
    104_1431.JPG
    476.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 104_1432.JPG
    104_1432.JPG
    500.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 104_1434.JPG
    104_1434.JPG
    424 KB · Views: 99
   / RTV - X1100C #73  
How does it move snow compared to a older traditional Jeep or compact truck?
Not talking about speed between locations or comfort, just the raw ability to push snow.

/ RTV - X1100C
For many years I plowed with a truck but this little tank with 240 pounds of tube sand in the back lets me plow places I could never go with a truck. The deepest snow I've plowed with the RTV - X1100C was 10 inches of very wet heavy snow, it handled it with ease in 4 wd.

They can be a ***** to shift but I'm learning what works in different situations. Today when plowing the driveway, it shifted fine.

/ RTV - X1100C #75  
Seems like it would be great for plowing a small housing complex
Great thread-informative and discusses the good & bad.

Last edited:
   / RTV - X1100C
Because we'll use it in the spring, summer and fall hauling out firewood, I went with the ATV tires they offered.

I was on some site and saw a few guys talking about using it for plowing out an apartment complex. We have a Mahindra 4540 with a plow so when it comes time to push the banks back, I use the 4540.

The nice thing about the tractor is if we get 20 plus inches of snow, it will walk through that without any problems.

/ RTV - X1100C
The shifting will get a little better over time, but it's very important that the HST pressure release valve actuates properly when you push on the brake pedal. It releases pressure from the HST to take load off the gears so you can shift. I had to adjust mine once or twice to get it right. The adjustment procedure is given in the owner's manual. At least in the 2015 owner's manual, the instructions were a bit confusing with a few mistakes. But if you look at the mechanism, it will be obvious how it should work.

I sprayed some WD - 40 on a paper towel and wiped down the rod that pushes in when you step on the brake, it shifted better after that.

Do you or can you get a pic of the adjustment you're talking about?

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• 104_1435.JPG
    104_1435.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 104
   / RTV - X1100C #78  
Because we'll use it in the spring, summer and fall hauling out firewood, I went with the ATV tires they offered.

I was on some site and saw a few guys talking about using it for plowing out an apartment complex. We have a Mahindra 4540 with a plow so when it comes time to push the banks back, I use the 4540.

The nice thing about the tractor is if we get 20 plus inches of snow, it will walk through that without any problems.

Yep. I use my F-350 for all the typical storms. If Mother Nature wants to get real angry, Ive got the M126X with snow plow or my 8’ high cap snow bucket.
I have a housing complex on which I farm all their open space (this place is amazing, only about 50 residents, but about 100 acres of open space). I farm the hay on the fields, cut all the remaining open space and most of the residents lawns. Now I need to get the snow removal contract. A RTV1100 would be perfect for plowing roads, their wide sidewalks, and doing some of their other chores. They have well houses with water softeners in remote spots. Bagged salt needs to be carted to them for filling. A few trees need mulched, and the roads need to be blowed off. I think all that work could be accomplished with one.
Just need to get that snow removal contract.....
Real good thread for understanding how well these work.

/ RTV - X1100C
The only thing I don't like is how these things shift. When I get out by the road at the end of the driveway, I do a U turn instead of stopping and backing up and then go straight in. For some reason our UTV has a very hard time shifting out there and it's flat. If I were looking at buying this RTV again, I would be looking at different options.

Maybe it just needs an adjustment but just remember if you test drive one without a plow, it will shift different once the plow is on. I think it's well built and will plow places our Rhino couldn't so that is nice.

I'm not bashing the RTV but just putting up info on my experience with it.

Good luck with what ever you do.

/ RTV - X1100C #80  
I sprayed some WD - 40 on a paper towel and wiped down the rod that pushes in when you step on the brake, it shifted better after that.

Do you or can you get a pic of the adjustment you're talking about?

Thanks
Mike

There is a cable that causes that lobe-shaped "cam" in your picture to pivot and push that plunger in when the brake pedal is pressed. You can adjust the cable so that you get the desired amount of motion of the plunger. I had to adjust mine -- I suspect the cable had stretched so it was no longer pushing in the plunger very far. Once adjusted it made a big difference. In the owner's manual they give some dimensions to check the plunger range -- the numbers were out of whack in my owners manual from the fall of 2015 (very obvious typo) and I wonder if they have corrected it by now. I had to work it out by trial and error.