RTV500 with only 70 hours started blowing white smoke

/ RTV500 with only 70 hours started blowing white smoke
The dipstick indicates some over filling after the recent oil change, Dealer was supposed to get back to me today, but never called. If over filled, shouldn't the oil just burn up and not hurt anything, other than my image when I go down the trail in a cloud of white smoke?

/ RTV500 with only 70 hours started blowing white smoke #12  
Overfill could very well be water in the oil as oil Floats on water...

The quick way to know is see what comes out the drain plug...

/ RTV500 with only 70 hours started blowing white smoke #13  
Is is possible the smoke is light blue (oil burning)? If so, have you checked the oil level? Perhaps the dealer overfilled the crankcase and you are getting some frothing (from the crank hitting the high oil level in the pan and splashing into places high in the crankcase) and then some of the splashing oil is getting sucked into the pcv valve and through through the intake causing the smoke.
This is my guess too. I once overfilled an old Kawasaki engine in a mower by accident, and was relieved to find out how easy the fix was. I've also had a similar issue but it was due to a leaky carb that overfilled my oil with fuel. The symptoms were very similar, and it's difficult to tell if it's white, light blue, or gray smoke sometimes.

/ RTV500 with only 70 hours started blowing white smoke
Thanks for the comments - all appreciated. I'm going to assume its oil overfill and drive around in a cloud of smoke. May help keep the Michigan National Bird - the Mosquito - at bay.

/ RTV500 with only 70 hours started blowing white smoke #15  
Thanks for the comments - all appreciated. I'm going to assume its oil overfill and drive around in a cloud of smoke. May help keep the Michigan National Bird - the Mosquito - at bay.
Why not do the right thing and remove the excess oil??? OR would you rather blow the seals out of the motor??

SR

/ RTV500 with only 70 hours started blowing white smoke #16  
Had a mule that did the same thing, especially when going up a pretty steep slope. Turns out, after much investigation, that if you use the mule for very short periods of time, and it doesn't get up to operating temperature it will accumulate gas in the crankcase and cause an overfill situation. My wife had been using it daily to go feed her horses, a trip of about 100 yards total-50 coming and going. We quit the short trips, and only use it for runs that will get it up to full operating temperature, and no problems since. Have not come across an explanation as to the why come this happens. I guess nobody knows.......but it seems to be a pretty common problem.

/ RTV500 with only 70 hours started blowing white smoke #17  
Had a mule that did the same thing, especially when going up a pretty steep slope. Turns out, after much investigation, that if you use the mule for very short periods of time, and it doesn't get up to operating temperature it will accumulate gas in the crankcase and cause an overfill situation. My wife had been using it daily to go feed her horses, a trip of about 100 yards total-50 coming and going. We quit the short trips, and only use it for runs that will get it up to full operating temperature, and no problems since. Have not come across an explanation as to the why come this happens. I guess nobody knows.......but it seems to be a pretty common problem.
RTV500. wife doing exact trips 50yards to barn. add a trip to mailbox 200yards and a slope and starts to smoke( gray/white).
changed oil. it smelled like gas. Does anyone have an ideas? Only have the rtv500 to haul water/food to barn. can't eliminate those trips.

/ RTV500 with only 70 hours started blowing white smoke #18  
Recently had the steering shaft replaced under recall then also had the Dealer change oil and filter. Was traveling on street at 15 mph and after going 1/2 mile the smoke started. Shut it off and after checking that there wasn't a fire, started up and returned home; started blowing white smoke again after that 1/2 mile. Any ideas? Will call Dealer since they just worked on it. Purchased this RTV because of my good results with my Kubota L3130. May have made a mistake with this Kubota. Had for 2 years so no warranty.

Check your oil dipstick. If water is in the oil the oil will turn grey. That is not good!

/ RTV500 with only 70 hours started blowing white smoke #19  
What engine is in the RTV500?

I have done some oil sampling on my J-D gators with Kawasaki FJ400D at 100hr recommended intervals. Each sample shows no signs of wear but traces of gas and moisture. Going to lower the intervals and see.

Gas in oil could be sticking needle valve or float.

/ RTV500 with only 70 hours started blowing white smoke #20  
Hey I’m new here I have 3 rtv 500’s I’m wondering if anyone else has issues with their diff locks not working or not working very well