RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website #1  

lloyd123

Silver Member
Tractor
RTV-X1100C
If you check the Kubota RTV900 website every now and then you'll notice that they are constantly making changes to what accessories are available:

http://www.kubota.com/UV900/accessory/index.html

The latest changes:

The thumbnails for the hard and soft cab are now shown as being black instead of orange. They didn't update the links on these as when you click on them the orange colored ones still come up in a small window. I assume they'll notice this and update them as well.

Did anyone out there ever get an orange cab?

Another addition is on the third page of the accessories. They now list heavy duty struts as well as the heavy duty springs. According to the parts manual the heavy duty springs are included with the heavy duty struts. They require the heavy duty springs for the cab/plow but I'm not sure what they would require the heavy duty struts for. Any ideas why they would offer both?

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website #2  
I got the heavy duty springs on mine with the cab and the plow.. No struts available so says my Kobota guy.. My cab is black..

Frank

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website
Frank,

I'm not trying to ruin your day ( I believe you mentioned that you got the cab and plow) but I sent an email to tractorsmart.com today inquiring about the struts and springs and got this reply:

"We've been told not to expect the springs to be before mid-August. I'm not sure about the availability of the struts. Prices for the springs and struts are $60.00 and $180.00, respectively. I don't know what your plans are, but I thought I'd mention that Kubota tells us that you won't need the struts unless you have a cab and a front blade. "

I'm planning on having the plow and cab installed so it appears I'll need the struts. I think I mentioned before that according to the RTV900 parts manual, the heavy duty springs are part of the heavy duty strut kit so you wouldn't need to buy both, just the strut kit. The strut kit should be a lot easier to install as you just replace the whole unit without having to use a spring compressor and disassemble the parts.

Take this with a grain of salt as you were able to get the springs, and it ain't mid August yet, so maybe the info about needing the struts isn't that accurate either.

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website #4  
Orange cabs were prototypes and an executive decision was made to make them black.

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website #5  
makes sense. Maybe my Kubota guys did not know about ther strut?s? I did notice that when the plow was in the up position and 2 people were aboard the front end sat a lil low.. I mentioned this to the Kubota delivery guys and they said that the front end will come up when I remove the plow. And it did.. as you can see from the photos.. Maybe Ill get th estruts next..

Frank

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Frank,

I'm not trying to ruin your day ( I believe you mentioned that you got the cab and plow) but I sent an email to tractorsmart.com today inquiring about the struts and springs and got this reply:

"We've been told not to expect the springs to be before mid-August. I'm not sure about the availability of the struts. Prices for the springs and struts are $60.00 and $180.00, respectively. I don't know what your plans are, but I thought I'd mention that Kubota tells us that you won't need the struts unless you have a cab and a front blade. "

I'm planning on having the plow and cab installed so it appears I'll need the struts. I think I mentioned before that according to the RTV900 parts manual, the heavy duty springs are part of the heavy duty strut kit so you wouldn't need to buy both, just the strut kit. The strut kit should be a lot easier to install as you just replace the whole unit without having to use a spring compressor and disassemble the parts.

Take this with a grain of salt as you were able to get the springs, and it ain't mid August yet, so maybe the info about needing the struts isn't that accurate either. )</font>

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website #6  
BTW, if you plan to operate a RTV with a cab and snow plow you need to get the HD struts/shocks for all the added weight.

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website #7  
grrrr, shouldn't the Kubota guy I bought it from have known that and told me to get the struts too?? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website #8  
Yes, he should have. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website
I don't think the HD struts would make the front end ride any higher with a load than the stock struts equipped with the HD springs would. It seems to me that the springs are the part of the suspension that determine ride height and load capacity and both the HD strut kit and the HD spring kit use the same springs. The shock absorber part of the strut would only determine how much the motion is dampened (Is "dampened" a word?). The stock struts with the HD springs would maybe bounce a little more, maybe wear out the shock absorber faster or both. The load capacity should be the same - I think(?)

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website #10  
I forgot to mention the cab & plow combp needs the HD shocks & springs. The HD springs should have a red mark on them and the stock springs have a white mark on them.

So, basically you need this kit:
v4209.gif

v4209.jpg

I'm not sure exactly why you can get the springs by themselves. hmmm
v4219.jpg