RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website
Well now I'm even more confused about the HD Spring Kit and HD Strut Kit. I checked out the parts manual again to see the difference between the factory installed strut/spring, the HD spring kit and the HD strut kit. It seems that the HD strut kit has the same part number for the damper (shock) as the OEM strut. In fact the only difference between the OEM front suspension and the HD strut suspension are the springs. The HD strut kit has the same springs as the HD spring kit so it seems that the only reason to buy the HD strut kit instead of the HD spring kit is that you won't have to disassemble the stock suspension to install the HD spings - you can just swap out the assembled McPherson strut assembly.

So I think Frank is OK having had just the HD springs installed as he now has the same suspension as the HD Strut Kit.

I've attached the parts list from the manual combining the listings for the OEM suspension, the HD strut kit and the HD spring kit.

Attachments

• 459717-StrutSpring.jpg
    459717-StrutSpring.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 190
   / RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website #12  
wow, good catch LLoyd. I would be pretty mad to have purchased to the strut/springs to find this out.. Thanks":)

Frank

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website #13  
Hmmm...I guess it is just the springs that make the front suspension heavy duty. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website #14  
Hey Guys,

Can you give me the name/city of your RTV dealer that has accessories? The place I got mine can't seem to get anything. He got a roof for me but that took over a month and the winch mount will take a couple more months.

Thanks
Brian

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website
My selling dealer doesn't seem to have many accessories in stock either. I've had good luck purchasing a couple of items from Tractorsmart.com in TN. Their phone number is 1-800-540-1704.

I thought I had found a loophole in the Kubota system. Using the parts manual and the online ordering system at tractorsmart.com I entered all the individual parts for the RTV900 glove box. The total came to about $41.00. But when I ordered the parts this way I got an email back saying that Kubota isn't supplying these parts individually yet. I could put them on backorder but more than likely when they do become available the cost will go up - probably to more than the $120 price of the kit that's available now. If they're not available yet I'm not sure why they even show up at all in the system at the lower price but there's no way I'm paying $120 for a plastic glove box.

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website #16  
Thanks. I'll check them out.
I ran into a place that makes good quality after market stuff for UTV's. He's just getting started on the RTV. He currently has ITP rims. Next items will be a storage box under the front hood and a windshield.
www.hunterworks.com
I've been making my own stuff. Windshield, Stereo box, utility bar (for small stuff), new rear box, lighting...
Brian

/ RTV900 Accessories Tweaks On Their Website #17  
Just an FYI, Kubota is VERY behind on RTV accessories. They can't keep up with demand right now. We expect this to improve in 3-4 months. Right now I have been seeing 2-3 month wait for most accessories.